Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What specific type of soap do you use to clean Cpap tube?
RE: What specific type of soap do you use to clean Cpap tube?
When I remember to clean stuff, I don't use a soap. I use hot water and vinegar, fill up the sink, and let stuff soak. I rinse a lot and use a fingernail brush on the inside bottom of the humidifier tank. I let air dry and call it done until the next time I remember.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2017, 06:39 PM)speed3914 Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 02:45 AM)AshSF Wrote: I use any available liquid foaming hand soap for all my Cpap cleaning needs. Make sure it doesn't have any antibacterial Ingredients like triclosan.

Every once in a while, For disinfecting I use green dettol - benzylkonium chloride based disinfectant properly diluted.

What's wrong with antibacterial dish soap?

Antibacterial soap is being phased out because it causes problems at sewage treatment.  People took what was supposed to be used where water wasn't available to using every day,all the time.  They use bacteria to break down sewage and the antibacterial soap kills it.  Dawn already manages to get rid of 99% of contaminants without causing sewage issues.  I only use disinfectant when receiving/giving used equipment and at the end of pink slime season (another month or so).

If you happen to have a handy microscope, you might check to see if there is any contamination in your tube. The fact that I can grow what looks like algae in my tube during the summer (sunlight hits the tube all day during the day) tells me that there is stuff in that tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Seventh Generation dishwashing liguid, the version with no dyes or fragrance so as not to tint anything or create a smell for me to inhale. Not hard to find and not too expensive. Twenty minute soak, hold the hose down and move it to get all the air out, rinse inside and outside and air dry.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 120 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.