Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What specific type of soap do you use to clean Cpap tube?
What specific type of soap do you use to clean Cpap tube?
I would assume that using a really pure soap free of chemicals is important since I'll be breathing in any residue left inside tube. Are there a few specific types of soap that are recommended?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What specific type of soap do you use to clean Cpap tube?
No, I just use Dawn detergent and rinse well. Some people are sensitive to even that - for them I would recommend a 1:8 of vinegar to water. Pickle juice odor is usually more acceptable.

Pure soap leaves a horrible residue. In order to melt it properly, you need at least 145F water and nobody has set their home water heaters for that in decades due to risk of scalding.

If you are getting used equipment or have a musty odor you can't get rid of, consider buying a small container of Control III disinfectant. Works very well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use properly diluted Star-San. It is a food-grade sanitizer that disinfects surfaces, and leaves no residue or scent. It's highly concentrated, and only required 1.5 cc of concentrate in a quart of solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I make my own using equal parts distilled white vinegar and distilled water with 1/4 cup reconstituted lemon juice in a 1 qt spray bottle.

I take all pieces in the shower once a week a spay the solution very liberally on all the components and then rinse thoroughly. I have a hook just outside the shower that I hang the stuff on to be outside of soap/ shampoo/ shaving cream/ etc so that none of it gets on the pillows, tubes, etc. for when I complete my morning routine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wash the tubing in original dawn dish soap, brush the inside of the tube with a Cpap brush rinse well and hang to dry. Nothing special.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Ifory Liquid in warm water to soak my hose, mask and humidifier tank in once a week.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I use any available liquid foaming hand soap for all my Cpap cleaning needs. Make sure it doesn't have any antibacterial Ingredients like triclosan.

Every once in a while, For disinfecting I use green dettol - benzylkonium chloride based disinfectant properly diluted.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash mine with Morning Fresh dishwashing liquid.. Unsure

And I wash my mask by hand by lathering up mild bath soap and hand washing it. Rolleyes

I'm not recommending it, but it works for me. Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is simple as well - wash with Johnson's baby shampoo. Rinse with water. Soak for 20 minutes in approx. 1:10 white vinegar to water solution. Rinse. Leave out to dry. Leaves no residue and no residual smell.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My procedure is the simplest of all and is guaranteed to leave no residue. I do not wash the darn thing.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 471 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.