Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What supplies are needed for a newbie?
RE: What supplies are needed for a newbie?
Good luck to you. I don't think you're going to need it though!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2017, 07:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 07:47 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 10:16 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: If you don't already have a nightstand, check Wally world item # 552976313 to illustrate a design that is perfect for a cpaper.  Keeps the machine lower to prevent water droplets ganging up on you, but still leaves you space for your lamp and phone. 

I checked it out. One color was on clearance. Crazy cheap. I get my PAP tomorrow, and then I'll be clear what I need.

I'm a bit more upscale than a $19 bedside table.  Take a look at 2-drawer bedside tables and a lot of results come up.  About $115 for this one.

[Image: American-Lifestyle-Louis-Philippe-II-Nig...5f_600.jpg]

or $160 for one with a felt bottom on the drawers.

[Image: Furniture-of-America-Vina-English-Style-...2c_600.jpg]

Is it viable to put a CPAP in one of those and open it at night? I'm asking because I'm wondering how much air space is needed for intake.

They are pretty. Right now, I'm in temporary quarters, have to improvise, and don't have access to my "real" stuff.

I also checked the thrift store, figuring someone who was non-compliant might have died of OSA and left one for the "kids" to drop off. Seriously: if your timing is right you can get a perfect and sturdy something or other and jolly it up with a new coat of paint. No luck this time, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2017, 08:17 PM)JesseLee Wrote: Good luck to you. I don't think you're going to need it though!

I feel so appreciative of the input from board members here like , and I'm sure I'll be consulting a lot!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2017, 07:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 12:18 AM)Doza Wrote: I've been wondering this, too.  I ordered my Airsense10 Autoset from the US and hope to have it next week. In the meantime I still have to wait for my titration results for settings, which are still a couple of weeks off at the very least.. Been checking out filters etc on ebay.

I heard from my brother in NZ just now, as it happens, and suggested an open drawer for the machine he got today for a home titration in anticipation of his own machine later this week.  Unfortunately my room might not be able to accommodate such a solution but we shall see. I have time to work it out.

As for the open mind and some optimism, I have that in spades Big Grin .. as much as I have eyebags LOL

I use a bedside drawer with a 2-inch diameter hole in the back that routes the hose and power.  This provides secure, quiet and well-ventilated therapy that doesn't look like a hospital during the day.

If you have a machine coming in, just put it into use with a 5-15 pressure setting EPR 2 and let's see where it goes.   I bet we can get you dialed in before your settings come in from the study.

Absolutely!  Thanks for the tentative settings.  I very much doubt I'd be able to not start her up LOL   Should be here Tuesday :Big Grin I ordered from a dropshipper for a lot less than the local provider would want to sell theirs.

(09-27-2017, 08:09 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 07:06 PM)kiwii Wrote: Tomorrow is the Big Day, HalfAsleep. Best wishes! May your first night be blissfully uneventful.

Thanks

Fingers crossed for ya too Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
If I could just get Home Depot to carry CPAP's I'd have a one spot shopping spree.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is another one for you: have a supply of Gas-X or some other gas-relieving meds on hand.

I had terrible aerophagia at first and Gas-X was essential to relieving the abdominal pain. Lowering pressures took care of the aerophagia, but the pressures needed to come up for the apnea. Now, each time there is an increase to my settings, I take a Gas-X before bedtime on the first night of the change, just in case. I just made another increase last night, and this was the first time that I was glad for instigating that policy. Not that the aerophagia is that bad this morning, but symptoms are enough that I wanted/needed to have relief.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2017, 09:04 AM)kiwii Wrote: Here is another one for you: have a supply of Gas-X or some other gas-relieving meds on hand.

I had terrible aerophagia at first and Gas-X was essential to relieving the abdominal pain. Lowering pressures took care of the aerophagia, but the pressures needed to come up for the apnea. Now, each time there is an increase to my settings, I take a Gas-X before bedtime on the first night of the change, just in case. I just made another increase last night, and this was the first time that I was glad for instigating that policy. Not that the aerophagia is that bad this morning, but symptoms are enough that I wanted/needed to have relief.

From your experience in a prior post, I knew to stock Gas-X.

I wish there were a special variety of Gas-X for the surprise asymmetrical chipmunk face! I wake up in the night with gigantic bubbles poofing out my mouth. What the heck! I suppose that must mean I'm not mouth-breathing, but it is disconcerting....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 145 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 176 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 178 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.