Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What supplies are needed for a newbie?
RE: What supplies are needed for a newbie?
That's a good idea for using the Yeti during a power outage.

We have a generator that can be plugged into the house, so we do have a few outlets that are covered in case of significant power outages. None near the bedroom though, but I suppose I can camp out in another room. Not nearly as fun as your version of camping out! Too-funny

eta: It is on sale through the manufacturer too, for 20% off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2017, 07:51 AM)kiwii Wrote: That's a good idea for using the Yeti during a power outage.

We have a generator that can be plugged into the house, so we do have a few outlets that are covered in case of significant power outages. None near the bedroom though, but I suppose I can camp out in another room. Not nearly as fun as your version of camping out! Too-funny

eta: It is on sale through the manufacturer too, for 20% off.

Resmeds might need a converter to plug in to a Yeti. I'm not sure, but someone here will know.

I know not everyone here is excited about the Yeti because it has an inverter which results in more  battery power being needed than a jury-rigged system, but I'm all about "plug and play". I'm pretty sure I can recharge it every day, and I just want to plug a device into it, just like my socket at home.

The Yeti can also be daisy-chained, so more power can be added later. If I hang out in Quartzsite all winter, I'd likely get a solar panel for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I'd do differently: take before pictures. Seriously. I'm astonished to see the under-eye bags disappearing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2017, 03:57 PM)kiwii Wrote: One thing I'd do differently: take before pictures. Seriously. I'm astonished to see the under-eye bags disappearing.

Yeppers on the selfies. Let's see if CPAP removes some wrinkles...a veritable fountain of youth!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been wondering this, too. I ordered my Airsense10 Autoset from the US and hope to have it next week. In the meantime I still have to wait for my titration results for settings, which are still a couple of weeks off at the very least.. Been checking out filters etc on ebay.

I heard from my brother in NZ just now, as it happens, and suggested an open drawer for the machine he got today for a home titration in anticipation of his own machine later this week. Unfortunately my room might not be able to accommodate such a solution but we shall see. I have time to work it out.

As for the open mind and some optimism, I have that in spades Big Grin .. as much as I have eyebags LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Tomorrow is the Big Day, HalfAsleep. Best wishes! May your first night be blissfully uneventful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2017, 12:18 AM)Doza Wrote: I've been wondering this, too.  I ordered my Airsense10 Autoset from the US and hope to have it next week. In the meantime I still have to wait for my titration results for settings, which are still a couple of weeks off at the very least.. Been checking out filters etc on ebay.

I heard from my brother in NZ just now, as it happens, and suggested an open drawer for the machine he got today for a home titration in anticipation of his own machine later this week.  Unfortunately my room might not be able to accommodate such a solution but we shall see. I have time to work it out.

As for the open mind and some optimism, I have that in spades Big Grin .. as much as I have eyebags LOL

I use a bedside drawer with a 2-inch diameter hole in the back that routes the hose and power.  This provides secure, quiet and well-ventilated therapy that doesn't look like a hospital during the day.

If you have a machine coming in, just put it into use with a 5-15 pressure setting EPR 2 and let's see where it goes.   I bet we can get you dialed in before your settings come in from the study.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2017, 10:16 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: If you don't already have a nightstand, check Wally world item # 552976313 to illustrate a design that is perfect for a cpaper.  Keeps the machine lower to prevent water droplets ganging up on you, but still leaves you space for your lamp and phone. 

I checked it out. One color was on clearance. Crazy cheap. I get my PAP tomorrow, and then I'll be clear what I need.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2017, 07:47 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 10:16 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: If you don't already have a nightstand, check Wally world item # 552976313 to illustrate a design that is perfect for a cpaper.  Keeps the machine lower to prevent water droplets ganging up on you, but still leaves you space for your lamp and phone. 

I checked it out. One color was on clearance. Crazy cheap. I get my PAP tomorrow, and then I'll be clear what I need.

I'm a bit more upscale than a $19 bedside table.  Take a look at 2-drawer bedside tables and a lot of results come up.  About $115 for this one.

[Image: American-Lifestyle-Louis-Philippe-II-Nig...5f_600.jpg]

or $160 for one with a felt bottom on the drawers.

[Image: Furniture-of-America-Vina-English-Style-...2c_600.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2017, 07:06 PM)kiwii Wrote: Tomorrow is the Big Day, HalfAsleep. Best wishes! May your first night be blissfully uneventful.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 138 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 172 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 353 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 103 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 180 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 174 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 160 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.