Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What the Manufacturers REALLY Think About the Patients
(12-08-2015, 02:22 PM)justMongo Wrote: Did you omit the Medical Device Tax tacked on by the ACA?

I omitted a lot more than that. If you really want to see all the taxes Americans pay, you used to be able to download a PDF copy of the entire tax code. But in 2015, it's just way too large to be contained in one PDF document. At 74,608 pages long, the 2015 IRS tax codes and regulations (actually, it's not just one document, but a combination of several together adding up to 74,608 pages) would take you one entire year of reading over 200 pages each and every day in order to get through it all. Of course, in order to properly interpret and apply the code, you'd have to read 1,000+ additional government documents that are referenced in that code. So, you'd probably die before you could finish reading all that is required for a full understanding of the IRS tax code.

I guarantee you that you've violated some aspects of the IRS code, no matter what. And, you probably owe back taxes as a result. And penalties and fees. And you could probably go to jail for it, too. The code is so large and complicated that if they really wanted to, the IRS can go after anyone, convict them of several "crimes" and be totally "justified" (in the eyes of the law) in doing so under current tax code. It's enough to make you want to stay in bed with your CPAP on, 24/7.

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Anything I may have done was not with intent to evade or defraud; so the statute of limitations is short. (I think 3 years.)
The reason I would never make a good crook is I worry too much about consequences.
I used to sweat the random counter-intelligence polygraphs I was subject to -- even though I knew I was "clean."

Now, a colleague of mine bought into a tax shelter in the early 1980s. Liberian Timber.
I told him not to. Just short of 3 years, the IRS sent him a notice and demanded he sign a waiver of the statute of limitations.
He didn't sign it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2015, 03:17 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 02:22 PM)justMongo Wrote: Did you omit the Medical Device Tax tacked on by the ACA?

I omitted a lot more than that. If you really want to see all the taxes Americans pay, you used to be able to download a PDF copy of the entire tax code. But in 2015, it's just way too large to be contained in one PDF document. At 74,608 pages long, the 2015 IRS tax codes and regulations (actually, it's not just one document, but a combination of several together adding up to 74,608 pages) would take you one entire year of reading over 200 pages each and every day in order to get through it all. Of course, in order to properly interpret and apply the code, you'd have to read 1,000+ additional government documents that are referenced in that code. So, you'd probably die before you could finish reading all that is required for a full understanding of the IRS tax code.

I guarantee you that you've violated some aspects of the IRS code, no matter what. And, you probably owe back taxes as a result. And penalties and fees. And you could probably go to jail for it, too. The code is so large and complicated that if they really wanted to, the IRS can go after anyone, convict them of several "crimes" and be totally "justified" (in the eyes of the law) in doing so under current tax code. It's enough to make you want to stay in bed with your CPAP on, 24/7.

Eat-popcorn
No wonder I can't sleep, I once claimed $100 that I shouldn't have.
Post Reply Post Reply

I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: No wonder I can't sleep, I once claimed $100 that I shouldn't have.

You know the IRS reads these boards...Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2015, 04:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: You know the IRS reads these boards...Eat-popcorn

One thing's for sure: It's impossible for them to read the entire IRS tax code, so they might as well come here and read something that's at least understandable and helpful.

Whistle
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2015, 04:34 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 04:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: You know the IRS reads these boards...Eat-popcorn

One thing's for sure: It's impossible for them to read the entire IRS tax code, so they might as well come here and read something that's at least understandable and helpful.

Whistle

You know, we need a like button! Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply

(12-08-2015, 04:34 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: One thing's for sure: It's impossible for them to read the entire IRS tax code, so they might as well come here and read something that's at least understandable and helpful.

I doubt they'll be here. . . There's not enough pictures.
Post Reply Post Reply
A smilie holding up a LIKE sign!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
GoodOneAgreedThumbs-up-2
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

(12-08-2015, 07:05 PM)cate1898 Wrote: A smilie holding up a LIKE sign!

Like this?

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are doctors nicer to thinner patients? zonk 3 1,536 05-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Last Post: DocWils