Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What the heck? [Odd SH graph]
What the heck? [Odd SH graph]
I am about 3 weeks into things. So far everything has been going great. My cumulative AHI and RDI have both been less than 1 and I've had 2/3 zero days.

I had to get up earlier than normal today, so I decided to take a bit of a nap. Subjectively, I feel fine and thought it was a well rested and great sleep period.

Anyway, this chart is like nothing I have had so far. Could use some eyeballs on it. It may just be an anomaly since I've not seen anything like this before.

Thanks,

Anthony

[Image: F73aROw.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What the heck?
Anomaly it may be -- were you spending a significant period of time on your back as opposed to the nights earlier that you know of? Or had you had any alcohol prior to that nap? Or increase in elevation?

Here we get that kind of sudden change data a lot when people go to Flagstaff, I know that last question sounds preposterous but you'd be surprised, heh.

Edit: Also could be since you woke up earlier you didn't get enough N3/deep sleep to balance out the AHI, but I don't see that going from a ~1 to 15.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say “What the Heck” too if I woke up and saw that.

Have you started or changed any medications, or have you been sick...cold or flu?

As long as you feel ok, and you don’t normally see this pattern of periodic breathing and Clear airways, I wouldn’t worry much over it. If it becomes a pattern, you might want to bring this up to your doctor.

I see you are still having some leak issues. Mouth breathing?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, after a few hours I went back to bed.. Smile

Next 3 hour period were uneventful. I suspect that I may have been on my back which isn't generally how I sleep. Looks like if I want to sleep on my back then I'd need to look at some different settings. 

I know from my sleep study I only have events when on my back and during rem. 

No new meds or illnesses.

The high AHI freaked me out for a second thought my machine might have been broken.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What the heck? [Odd SH graph]
Yeah, sleeping on your back will definitely exacerbate any apneas/hypops. If you tend to roll over on your back in the latter half of your sleep I suggest trialing out some higher pressures so long as you aren't seeing centrals on your side after seeing the data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 252 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 695 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 477 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  HELP needed for OSCAR graph analysis for first time user newbieusa 15 1,035 08-29-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: newbieusa
Information [CPAP] Graph data: Need help with interpretation tententen 3 580 06-15-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tententen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.