Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What the heck is this mask?
What the heck is this mask?
I've tried a lot of masks and finally found one that is just about perfect. I'd like to buy another one as a spare, since this is the only one I've tried that works, but I can't find what it is.

It's a full face Fisher & Paykel, but not Forma, 431 or 432. It has no model name on it (like where the Forma says Forma), only Fisher & Paykel, and then near the top on the bridge to the single forehead contact it has a circle with a 2 in it with a line through it. It has a silicone mask but no foam liner. (Mine is a size small, if that makes a difference.) One thing that most distinguishes it from the other F&P ffm models is that it has two prongs sticking out to either side of the hard plastic part to the sides of the nose.

I didn't get any documentation with it (bought a while back from ebay or Amazon marketplace). Should say my DME is perfectly useless. So I'm hoping one of you folks might be able to identify this. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What the heck is this mask?
Maybe its the Simplus, awaiting FDA approval in US but available in Australia and New Zealand
http://www.fphcare.com.au/sleep-apnea/ma...p-simplus/
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mountaincat,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure which mask that would be but I'm sure someone will know.
Hang in there for answers to your question and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2013, 08:17 PM)zonk Wrote: Maybe its the Simplus, awaiting FDA approval in US but available in Australia and New Zealand

Thanks, Zonk. Simplus looks interesting, but it's not my mask. Wrong shape, and lacking the odd prongs. Mine's shape is more like the 431.
Post Reply Post Reply
The other full face mask has not been mentioned is "FreeMotion™ RT040 Vented Full Face Mask" page 2
http://www.fphcare.com.au/products/categories/masks/
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2013, 08:41 PM)zonk Wrote: The other full face mask has not been mentioned is "FreeMotion™ RT040 Vented Full Face Mask" page 2

Wow! That's it! The prongs are the "built in ports for supplemental oxygen" and the photo even shows the circle and (I'm guessing) number 2 with a diagonal line through, whatever that means.

Thanks, Zonk! (Now I just have to track one down.)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the picture of it for reference:

[Image: be4f7379-7175-4f06-984c-5f8b5a4dce85]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2013, 11:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Here's the picture of it for reference:

[Image: be4f7379-7175-4f06-984c-5f8b5a4dce85]

Zonk was right. It is a Fisher & Pakel RT040. It is only sold to hospitals and the number 2 with a slash means it is a single use mask.They are used on only one patient and when the patient leaves the hospital, they are thrown away unless the patient takes it home with them. They are also used in some of the sleep clinics here in Eastern North Carolina.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,485 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,172 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,679 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What the heck was THAT?! cathyf 7 1,157 12-26-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Geer1
Question What the heck? Flow limitations and strange waveforms DeepBreathing 16 1,859 03-15-2020, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,088 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,421 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.