Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to ask doctor about prescription for replacement machine, and then?
RE: What to ask doctor about prescription for replacement machine, and then?
The other caregiver in the family told me that the doctor ordered a ResMed machine for my father. I do not yet know which one. Doctor said they only use ResMed.

Why didn't my father's pulmonologist keep tabs on what machine my father uses, and tell him his current machine is in the Recall, and that his machine could be replaced because it is over five years old? ????????

Every time my parents act as if the doctors care so much, I point out one of these examples.

Every single one of the nonagenarians in my world, has way too much implicit trust in doctors, DMEs, and other people they pay to help them.

I do not know when he will get the new machine.

We still have not received the inline filter for the defective Philips.
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Anyone else caring for very elderly loved ones?
Post Reply Post Reply
Helena, your father is most likely being prescribed CPAP. As his advocate, it is important to determine if he is being prescribed the Resmed CPAP or the Autoset. The problem here is that the Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP has no data. The Elite id a fixed pressure CPAP but has data, and the Autoset has both fixed and auto pressure modes with full data. The insurance code for the low-end CPAP is the same as the one on the upper end. You want the Autoset. Ask the supplier what they are dispensing. If it is not the Autoset, tell them you will not accept it. If they tell you the doctor needs to upgrade the prescription, get the prescription for the Auto CPAP (Autoset). The reason is that with the Autoset you will be able to see if therapy is effective. Since it's been a long time since their last test, the Autoset can be used to determine the best therapy pressure. Finally, you will be able use the many features of this machine to optimize therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thank you very much. Smile
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE: Help please??? How to set ResMed Air11? (We got the replacement machine!!!)
The ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset came today. The rest of family assumed it would come from Dr. or DME and they would set up machine for my father. CPAP person from pulmonologist's office is not available until Monday.

If I call the RT from the DME, she will likely tell me not to do anything until she can come out (which would mean using the damaging Philips' machine another nite. Would rather do this myself.)

Can I do this myself without putting my father at risk?

Can someone tell me comparable settings on the Air11
to what he was using on the System One (lowest level of pressure)?

I figured out how to put the humidity at the lowest level.

This machine has a computer screen and options:

In menu: My Options, there are:

Ramp time: Choices are Auto, and 5 to 45 by increments of 5. WHAT DO I WANT TO DO HERE?

Pressure Relief: Choices seem to be ON or OFF.

Humidity Level (I put this at one, which is what his previous machines have been set at.

Thankfully, his mask and tube and oxygen adapter, and the inline bacterial filter all fit.
====

Post Reply Post Reply
Go here for instructions for accessing the clinician setup functions https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info. You will then be able to access the pressure settings. Do you know what the pressure settings were for the system one?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Melman, thank you very much for your kind help. Smile I discovered that the pressure settings were already set on the AirSense. Sorry to be so slow in posting here.
====

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,382 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 223 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 209 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,416 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,875 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 169 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.