Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to do about three o'clock in the morning panic attacks?
RE: What to do about three o'clock in the morning panic attacks?
FFM works well for me.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2014, 03:47 AM)Dolla Bill Wrote: My S9 seems to be working properly though I am thinking about replacing my Swift FX with a Resmed P10.

It's a low probability, but worth a check.

Make sure the exhaust is working properly on your mask, and that you're actually breathing properly. CO2 retention can cause anxiety and panic.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2014, 01:32 PM)tcarmen Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 03:47 AM)Dolla Bill Wrote: My S9 seems to be working properly though I am thinking about replacing my Swift FX with a Resmed P10.

It's a low probability, but worth a check.

Make sure the exhaust is working properly on your mask, and that you're actually breathing properly. CO2 retention can cause anxiety and panic.

Terry

How would I know? I have it set on Smartset, but sometimes it is hard to get it started. I set the EFR from 1 to 3 last night, don't really understand if that helps. My biggest glitch is getting the chinstrap working with the Resmed Airfit.

It is so uncomfortable that last night I just tossed the chinstrap, ditched one of my two pillows and went to sleep.

The only way I can really tell is something is off is if I wake up with a dry mouth at my usual time or if I have the 3 am crazies. The average AHI is always under 5 and usually under 2.

There are no adjustements on the Airfit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2014, 04:08 PM)Dolla Bill Wrote: How would I know? I have it set on Smartset, but sometimes it is hard to get it started. I set the EFR from 1 to 3 last night, don't really understand if that helps. My biggest glitch is getting the chinstrap working with the Resmed Airfit.

You can tell if the exhaust port is working by checking to see if you feel air blowing from the exhaust port on the mask. (it's supposed to).

It should also show up in Sleepyhead on the "leak rate" graph.

I have no idea what "smartset" is.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
Suggestions:
Ditch the "smartstart." The machine has a cute little on/off button on it that works very well. "Smartstart" could decide to turn off the machine because of a big leak or something. Then turn it back on when you breath. But a few seconds of not so great pressure as a result could, were it me, cause quite a bit of anxiety. Are you using a "ramp?" That would really weird it out.

Define "uncomfortable" with the chinstrap. Some certainly are, and any of them will be if they're too tight. That's why I always say the chinstrap's goal is to "gently encourage" the jaw to stay forward. It's really not even so much about keeping the mouth shut, because once you have the correct "technique" using the tongue against the roof of the mouth to control the airway, your mouth isn't a very big concern.

As I recall you didn't feel the chinstrap I recommended could work. So which one did you get? Some of them are way too hot, some way too scratchy. But some are ok, when used UNDER the P10 mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Do you turn off your Airsense in the morning after using? dharma2255 9 255 04-10-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 205 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 160 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 243 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 150 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 2,111 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  CPAP for panic attacks HalfAsleep 3 321 02-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.