Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to do with day time sleepiness, I'm desperate
RE: What to do with day time sleepiness, I'm desperate
(12-30-2013, 03:01 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Why are you not getting an auto machine? The price difference is so little that it doesn't make sense...
Gabby getting the machine (S9 Elite) from the hospital, probably she have to buy the humidifier and climate line out pocket
FYI, the price difference between Elite and Autoset about $500 (local pricing)
Post Reply Post Reply
Better spend the money on an AutoSet rather than on a humidifier, IMHO.

But it's up to her to decide.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2013, 03:08 AM)zonk Wrote:
(12-30-2013, 03:01 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Why are you not getting an auto machine? The price difference is so little that it doesn't make sense...
Gabby getting the machine (S9 Elite) from the hospital, probably she have to buy the humidifier and climate line out pocket
FYI, the price difference between Elite and Autoset about $500 (local pricing)

Cheers Zonk.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2013, 05:31 AM)Gabby Wrote: Problem is my excessive daytime sleeping is driving me crazy, I cannot stay awake.
I am sleeping for hours on end every day. All night long and all day long.
What do others do that have this problem, or how have you coped in the past please?

Check your personal messages - I've sent you a link. Look at the Modafinil generics in the Anti Narcoleptic section. Perhaps a sample pack might be worth investigating.
Post Reply Post Reply
Narcolepsy and Modafinil (Medicare)
http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/prov...olepsy.jsp

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2013, 03:21 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Better spend the money on an AutoSet rather than on a humidifier, IMHO.

But it's up to her to decide.

Hi Doom_NX, Thanks for your help, but sorry it all comes down to cold, hard cash, and I am fortunate enough to be getting a free machine from the Government, which happens to be Resmed Elite S9. Down the track I hope to purchase the Auto but at this point in time I have to go with the Elite.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no clue how the healthcare system of Australia works, but can you get your doctor to prescribe you an Auto-CPAP?

Here in Greece, the public health insurance returns 75% of the price we paid for the machine. AutoSet costs 1050 EUR, so we really pay 262.5 EUR in the end. The S9 Escape retails for 850 EUR; that's 200 EUR (310 AUD) lower than the AutoSet. I believe the S9 Elite has an even smaller price difference.

The S9 Elite is way better than the Escape (or nothing), but if there's any chance you can get the AutoSet for free, please do whatever it takes.

Of course, the most important thing is to start therapy so you can finally feel alive and energized again. I just hope you don't suffer from narcolepsy as the previews posters mentioned...
Post Reply Post Reply
The Doctor will be prescribing the Elite S9 for the Government to pass on to me. Unfortunately the Government do not give us the top of the range models, they give us mid range and they do not let us add the money to buy the better machine. If they did I would most definitely be purchasing the Auto.
You obviously have a better system in Greece.
I am quite sure I do not suffer from narcolepsy so will keep on biding my time as I have been, and as you say it won't be long until I am feeling alive and energised again. Bring it on!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm... The thing is out of the CPAP machines, the S9 Elite would be considered hi-end and the S9 Escape lower range. The S9 AutoSet is a completely different type of machine. As is the case with bilevel or ASV machines... Unless the government specifically rules out the AutoSet or Auto-CPAPs in general, I would think that your doctor can prescribe the AutoSet. You should make sure before you settle for the Elite.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2013, 06:19 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Here in Greece, the public health insurance returns 75% of the price we paid for the machine.
In Australia, there is no public health insurance, insurance is a private matter
For example if I need some surgery, government pay some, insurance pay some and I pay the rest.
But when it comes to CPAP, government pay zero, insurance pay some $500 and I pay the rest but machine have to be purchase locally (not from overseas), also my insurance pay zero towards masks and other stuff
Its cheaper for me to forgo my insurance entitlement and buy the machine on-line from US but that another discussion

Edit: Also I can opt out and have the surgery done in public hospital free
This edit done with mask on and machine running and now going have some more snooze

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 8 22 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,435 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 97 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.