Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to do with masks I can't use?
I have 3 masks I have tried, that do not work for me:

Mirage FX, used 3 nights, with Pada cheek liner

Wisp nasal mask, used 4 nights Fabric frame, Pada cheek liner

PilarioQ, never used, tried to fit it, but my nose is not the right shape, lol.

Anyway, what do people do with masks that don't work for them?

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really know what they do with them. Mine are put in a box and just sit there because I won't ever use them. what is it that didn't work for you with the mirage fx and the wisp nasal mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 01:47 PM)me50 Wrote: I don't really know what they do with them. Mine are put in a box and just sit there because I won't ever use them. what is it that didn't work for you with the mirage fx and the wisp nasal mask?

Hi there...

The Mirage made horrible blisters each side of my nose, the Wisp on the bridge of my nose...even with pada cheek liners, I had to have both of them so tight to deal with leaks, it was not a happy time...

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply

Just to get this out of the way (and not to imply that is what you are doing)

You cannot offer them for sale, trade, or for free on the forums. Masks are a prescription item in the US. We do not allow even the sale, trade, free of mask parts. - see ApneaBoard Rules, #3

Now, with that said, there are a few things you can do locally. You can contact the local sleep apnea support group and ask if they have a donation "closet" or something similar. You can also contact your DME and ask if they have one. But only if you are comfortable with them. And if you know of any other hoseheads who use the masks you have, you could ask them if they want yours for parts.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 03:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Just to get this out of the way (and not to imply that is what you are doing)

You cannot offer them for sale, trade, or for free on the forums. Masks are a prescription item in the US. We do not allow even the sale, trade, free of mask parts. - see ApneaBoard Rules, #3

Now, with that said, there are a few things you can do locally. You can contact the local sleep apnea support group and ask if they have a donation "closet" or something similar. You can also contact your DME and ask if they have one. But only if you are comfortable with them. And if you know of any other hoseheads who use the masks you have, you could ask them if they want yours for parts.

No I really was just asking what other's do with their masks they can't use...I am starting to get very tired of the internet...I miss face to face conversation...

I was thinking donating to the first DME I used, they at least tried to help...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I know. I tossed that in there as reminders to anyone else who reads it.

If you have someone local you can donate to, do that.

There's no one to donate to where I live so I just keep all my old masks. If they are shoo nasty and not worth keeping, I strip them of any usable parts and recycle the rest. Luckily my DME has a mask trial option. I don't have very any "hate it and will never use it again" masks sitting around.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Okay, so sending them to me is out of the question. Bigwink

Maybe a few more masks you can become a DME?

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
You can also offer them on Craigslist. My city's senior center has a bulletin board where they post cards to swap masks that didn't work out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a free medical clinic in your area? I know the one in my county will take donations of just about anything, even medications.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm supergluing them into a sculpture.
Look for it in the Louvre.
Post Reply Post Reply