Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to do with my extra energy
(07-06-2016, 06:46 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: My nest is empty now, and I feel I have earned a little me time and focus.

Frank, being a musician is a great thing. Look around for a group to practice with, you'll find they are everywhere! Garage bands, church bands, recreation centers, senior centers. You will meet people, make new friends, and have long debates about music theory genre's.

That's assuming you like a good debate.

Arrgh, I read that and now I feel like I need a nap. Thanks. Smile

(07-05-2016, 07:57 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: If you go to my blog, MeAndMyCello.com and scroll down to the bottom I start off at 0 hours of practice. It is the story of how I got started, which is mostly obvious stuff. The next is 30 hours, which is where I had a issue with my first cello and had to swap it for a replacement, then at 112 hours I explain my first month of practicing sort of. I also talk about spending time each night researching tutorials on youtube, and finding prefaces to listen to - many where I can watch and listen to see how someone that knows what they are doing does. I am working on a section of "What'll I do" which will explain each part of what I am doing, setting up a practice area, equipment and apps ( like metronome, chromatic tuner, etc) and desk, chair, etc. What I am starting off doing, and what I am practicing. I will be posting some recordings of bits and pieces of my practicing to show what I am talking about and how I am progressing.

Good luck, I do think we can do this without teachers, but I don't expect it to be fast. As Jobs said, the Journey is the reward. I look forward to figuring out how to do things on my own. And so far I am really loving the cello - I can't wait until I upgrade from my low end student cello to a "real" cello.

The Frank Nichols String Quartet could be on the cards.

Why not a marching band?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(07-07-2016, 05:55 AM)justMongo Wrote: Why not a marching band?

Interesting idea, marching with a cello. I expect if anyone could do it they could:

Salut Salon
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Already been done

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marc...dlt=strict

(07-07-2016, 08:01 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 05:55 AM)justMongo Wrote: Why not a marching band?

Interesting idea, marching with a cello. I expect if anyone could do it they could:

Salut Salon

http://www.meandmycello.com/
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Nice blog, Frank! Well-done
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(08-13-2016, 05:30 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Nice blog, Frank! Well-done

Thank you.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping

thanks for the post Frank, that is very inspiring...I hope you get your real cello soon
I am sure its waiting for you...

Thanks Storywizard