Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to expect
RE: What to expect
Thank you to everyone who replied. This is AMAZING. Like I said before, I wish the DME or doctor had 1/10th the knowledge you all have. The difference of course is you live with it and they don't.

I never mentioned the fact that I take a nap every day around 3PM but it sounds more common than I thought.

I ordered the S10 and the P10 mask and will start there.

As soon as it arrives, I will post a few questions I am sure.

I can not see this NOT working with this kind of support group.

Looking forward to a good nights sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good decision Sleepy. The best decision is your clear cut positive attitude. You'll do very well indeed.
Post Reply Post Reply
People (we/me) can be so crazy, bragging about high numbers that can mean an early death - you feeling embarrassed because yours are so low - hehe

As pointed out above, 4Xhr is nothing to ignore. My wife had an AHI of like six on her test, but chose to get a CPAP regardless and it has improved her sleep.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepyCoder,
You have a GREAT attitude, and that will go along way toward helping you with your CPAP therapy.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to.
Good luck to you with the new machine and CONGRATULATIONS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just remember this - You can't be a little pregnant, you don't want a little cancer, and be happy you have a treatable apnea condition, and you are getting treatment. No reason to be embarrassed at all. There would be a cause to be embarrassed if you were fluffing it off and not getting treatment.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I was a little pregnant once. Not sure though.... Darn memory.
Post Reply Post Reply
What to expect? Okay

You can expect that your first impression of CPAP therapy may make you think that you will never be able to breath out against that pressure and will never be able to sleep with all that stuff on your face.

You'd be absolutely wrong on both counts. The breathing against the pressure problem will very soon fade into outer space and you won't notice it at all. Then when you get the knack of adjusting your mask properly, you'll be able to sleep with it on and sometimes wake up thinking it isn't there any more. It sort of like getting used to wearing bifocals, that transition line eventually disappears.

Then there is the best thing that you can expect. If you stick with the program and iron out any bumps in the road by listening to some of the experts here, you can expect to sleep better than you have for a long time and stop damaging your body with the insidiously degenerative effects of sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does get better over time - and when you start off using CPAP, it is a bit rough and unpleasant. I was at 82 AHI before I began using the machine, and I was a wreck. You'll find yourself adjusting to it as your body gets used to actually getting proper sleep. Just hang in there, and I agree with you about this forum, it really is reassuring to know that you're not alone in this situation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night, don't know what to expect Albo1950 4 545 07-23-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Albo1950
  What can I expect from the DVLA (UK) after reporting OSA? Quarky68 1 658 06-21-2023, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  What to expect from DME Sorfosh 10 1,076 03-24-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Sorfosh
  Can use some advice on what to expect and what to do first. triemferent 15 1,629 09-27-2020, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  How soon to expect results Linnea 5 1,539 04-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Linnea
  What AHI figure should I expect to see? ghce 16 2,582 04-22-2018, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Apnea Infant
  spouse goes for sleep study soon...what to expect after? mavericktx 21 3,682 01-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: ghstudio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.