Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Help with understanding and changing vpap s9 settings
Question 
Help with understanding and changing vpap s9 settings
I have been using a Resmed autoset s9 for two years. I go to a university clinic that is 7 hours away once a year. I am desperate to take control of my settings myself, as they aren't working well and my next appointment is 3 months away. I need two things:

1. To understand how the vpap s9 settings work

2. To see a video showing me how to change settings. Two years ago i found such a video online, but everything I now try to access seems incomplete or messed up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with understanding and changing vpap s9 settings
Hi KarenD,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be along shortly to help you with your machine settings.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
From section one: ResMed S9 Series (S9 AutoSet, S9 Elite, S9 Escape Auto, S9 Escape, S9 VPAP S, S9 VPAP ST, S9 VPAP Auto & S9 VPAP Adapt): For Setup Instructions with pictures, click here http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
Plug in machine and turn the Push Dial until the device is showing the Home position (Home Icon illuminated). In Home position, press the Push Dial and the Setup Menu buttons down simultaneously for 3 seconds. The clinician menu will appear. Select parameter(s) you wish to modify with the Push Dial (push down to select, turn to modify). When done, select the Home choice again from the displayed menu, push down the Push Dial again and the adjustment is saved. (complete manual available via email, below)

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
KarenD, Welcome to the forum. I can assure you that you have come to the right place for information and support because I am fairly new at CPAP and have learned a lot in the past five months. I would encourage you to download the SleepyHead software and monitor the data from your S9 for awhile before you change any settings. You can get SleepyHead for free at the following site:

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead

After you find out what pressure you're using and what apnea/hypopnia events you're experiencing, you can, with some help from the more experienced users on this site, determine whether any changes are necessary to improve your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 80 3,251 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,106 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 373 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 253 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 249 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 542 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.