Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What type of CPAP machine do you use?
This poll is closed.
CPAP
47.73%
21 47.73%
APAP
47.73%
21 47.73%
Bilevel
4.55%
2 4.55%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What type of CPAP machine do you use?
RE: What type of CPAP machine do you use?
I got a CPAP when I started, and it serves me well. But, then I was shopping for a new machine where I would have to pay for the whole thing out of pocket...I opted to get an APAP....since the price was right and I wanted to get as much as I could out of my money this time around.

My current insurance only pays 80% of up to $1000 of DME. When I had first started, the insurance was paying 90% of up to $5000. (so it was okay that the DME charged insurance $2500 for the CPAP....but I got the APAP online just a bit over $500.)

The Dreamer
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
S9 Autoset, but most of the time I just use it in CPAP mode with a setting of 10, which is what I was prescribed. My Rx was for a CPAP machine but I think the DME gave me the Autoset by mistake. I alternate sometimes between straight CPAP at 10 and APAP with minimum of 9 and maximum of 12 and don't really notice any difference in my sleeping comfort experience or my data results.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
It is too early to tell yet, but I just switched from APAP to CPAP with C-flex. On APAP, my latest AHI = 3.6 and I felt bad in the morning. On CPAP, my AHI = 0 and I felt good today.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2012, 05:39 PM)Ltmedic66 Wrote: I have a straight CPAP, so I don't know if I would like APAP better. I do not like the pressure changes of ramp, so I suspect that I would not like APAP.

I turned off my Ramp completely, and set my initial pressure to five, so it is very gentle and very comfortable, and I just rely on the autoset algorithm to do its thing. A low pressure setting of five is surely more comfortable than any therapeutic CPAP pressure, at least more comfortable than any CPAP pressure that I have read about here.
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an APAP machine but I been running it in CPAP most of the time. I had to buy my own machine and the difference in price was not that much.

Tom.......
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,228 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 222 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,875 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 148 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 186 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 402 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 842 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.