Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What was your response to pressure relief
This poll is closed.
If I could only try it . . .
4.17%
1 4.17%
Nope - not for me, thank you
25.00%
6 25.00%
Good stuff - use it all the time
70.83%
17 70.83%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What was your response to pressure relief
What was your response to pressure relief
In response to discussions regarding problems with EPR - C-flex, and the fact that quite a few folks have now posted that they either don,t use or cannot live without pressure relief....a poll
. . . to stimulate further discussion . . .

EPR
http://www.resmed.com/au/patients_and_fa...c=patients

C-Flex
http://cflex.respironics.com/
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What was your response to pressure relief
My new machine will be here on Tuesday and it has AFlex/CFlex! I am going to save this survey for a few days. I am really looking forward to giving it a try and seeing what all the hoopla is about. I'm hoping it means not waking up at night! That would be sweet!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I used it when I was first starting with CPAP, but I got used to the pressure rather quickly and I don't use it at all now.

I do believe that if you can tolerate the pressure, it's best to turn off the EPR/C-Flex/A-Flex options.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I went 2 years without it, now I cant get enough of it, love it...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2012, 08:58 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I used it when I was first starting with CPAP, but I got used to the pressure rather quickly and I don't use it at all now.

I do believe that if you can tolerate the pressure, it's best to turn off the EPR/C-Flex/A-Flex options.

Obviously I can tolerate it because my current machine has no such luxuries, but what I was reading and the clips I was watching on the manufacturers' and resellers' websites, they say it is supposed to help you to sleep deeper and not wake up during the night. Now don't get me wrong, I slept for 8+ hours last night and I feel like a million bucks. It is only 10:00 and all the yard work is done already! BUT, I also remember waking up several times during the night last night (not counting the time the damn cat thought it should be breakfast time and came in to see why we were not up!). I'm just kinda thinking that maybe, it can get better than this even! After all, even with waking up several times every night my blood pressure is way down (shocked the doc!), my blood glucose is doing good and most days I don't feel nearly as foggy. Maybe better than this is a 50 pound weight loss! LOL! That would be awesome!
I do understand what you mean though. I know some folks have to use the ramp feature, and that is the one feature my machine does have, but I personally find it a waste of time. I will be setting up my new machine to use AFlex and I want to try it for a month and see what it does or does not do for me. It's going to be way different just having a machine that adapts anyway!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
MJ... Well, I think what will be kind of neat for you is having a data-capable machine that you can use alongside SleepyHead or EncoreViewer.

Not sure what the claims are regarding C-Flex's ability to help you with deeper sleep... I've always heard it was simply a comfort option to help you breathe out against higher pressures.

In any case, congrats on getting all the lawn work done by 10 am... now your whole day is free. Coffee

Sorry about the cat... when we had our cat it would have a habit of sleeping on the window sill right above my head when I was sleeping. Nothing like having a newly awakened cat come falling down on you with paws and claws outstretched on top of your face when you're in a deep sleep. Yep... no more cat... we have a dog now. Cool
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use it but I'd not say it was 'good stuff'. I tried it without it and was fine. Then I got a bout of spring allergies and turned it back on along with the humidifier. Never turned it off.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Having slept fine without it for 15+ years, I tried it for a couple of weeks when I got the S9 and then shut it off. I did not like the experience.Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have flex turned on, but my ASV usually gives pressure relief automatically.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried a CPAP machine years ago that did not have any pressure relief. I lasted 3 weeks and gave it up. Now I'm using a pressure relief model and can't wait for bedtime.
Mike
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 489 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] relief from high pressure sistrunk 3 382 08-20-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.