Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What would be the best machine to purchase
RE: What would be the best machine to purchase
(03-30-2017, 04:37 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Nice info and thanks. I think I have enough enemies that I don't want to add more to it. I'll work with the DreamStation that was issued unless it's discovered that it's not what will help my specific needs. Then I'll deal with it if that is what it becomes.

You will need to have your current data looked at to see if your still having Centrals.
Cpap/Apap can't really treat Centrals.
Centrals tend to increase at higher pressures so exhale relief and Bi-pap can help minimize them.
Again you need your current data looked at to see where your treatment is current at.
If your suffering from centrals you will likely be moved to the much more expensive Adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV)
Machine. ASV can help breath for you when your brain does not trigger you to breath on your own.
Supplemental oxygen may also be added depending on how bad your condition is.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP and bilevel alone are not treatment devices for CA. All they can do is provide pressure to support the airway, and increase ventilation (pressure support). If you have clinical central apnea, you need a device with breath by breath pressure support (ASV), or old-school timed backup breaths (ST). If you have a minor occurrence of CA, then CPAP at lower pressures with no pressure support is actually better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Responding to Sleepy 1235's original post with an emphasis to his the money is no object, I might say get yourself an ASV machine, for the following reason: It can be set to act in the same way as any of the lesser or dumber machines (i.e. CPAP, BiPap, fixed, autos), BUT can provide therapy that, while you may not need it now, you may in the future - and you will not have to upgrade the machine - just change the settings. Especially valuable if there are Centrals occurring, which can be treated using an ASV.
NOW the discussion will become which ASV. Both the PR and Resmed machines are excellent and have their proponents.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. And from my end I understand the info you're sending me. I'm getting a full report copy this coming week if this goes as I'm planning. Regardless, I'll post the info when it does become available to me. Gotta pulmonary doc that may not want me to have my info, but that's OK. My primary care is supposed to have full report they will copy to me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,289 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 113 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,663 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Considering Second CPAP Purchase Lfmichel 11 1,077 10-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Irod
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 631 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  [Equipment] Where can I purchase a DreamStation Go? jamesjcrowley 2 554 06-20-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AirSense 10 AutoSet…..purchase? spetzal 3 998 12-13-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.