Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What would you do in my situation?
RE: What would you do in my situation?
Initial setup.
Get an SD card 2 - 32GB if you do not have one.
Get the Setup Manual (link in Black Banner at the top of the page) 
Do a Factory Reset
Initial settings
EPR on FullTime
EPR = 2
Min Pressure = 6
Max Pressure = 20

Expect to make changes for night 2 since we will have data with which to optimize treatment, at least to begin the process.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get a mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
No not yet. I'm going to go by a few local DMEs and try on a few full face masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2019, 10:48 PM)17WRX Wrote: I just bought a used Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for Her. I'm not a woman but I've read its a good machine for a man or woman. I just couldn't live with the thought in the back of my mind of something going wrong before I get my doctors, DME and insurance all together on the same page with what I want for my care. I'm 46 and have a high stress job with a family to take care and I don't want the worry of a premature death in the back of my mind. Thank you all for your advice in this matter, I appreciate it a great deal. Please forgive me in advance because I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the near future about setting it up and basically treating myself until I can get a doctor who is on the same page as me. Thanks again.

Congrats on getting the most recommended auto CPAP machine on this forum.  The for her is the same as the regular Autoset, but has an additional algorithm.  Since the cost is about the same, it makes sense to get more for your money whether you need it or not.  Setup as suggested by Bonjour and we look forward to getting you in a good place on your therapy soon.  Most of all, you made the decision to take your therapy seriously and have self-financed to improve your health.  Be sure to keep records, and continue to obtain copies of your sleep study and get the prescription.  You may be able to submit the costs of this investment as an "out-of-network" claim.  It will not reimburse as much, but it at least helps and will document your therapy.  You should be able to continue getting supplies and support from an in-network provider.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2019, 03:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 10:48 PM)17WRX Wrote: I just bought a used Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for Her. I'm not a woman but I've read its a good machine for a man or woman. I just couldn't live with the thought in the back of my mind of something going wrong before I get my doctors, DME and insurance all together on the same page with what I want for my care. I'm 46 and have a high stress job with a family to take care and I don't want the worry of a premature death in the back of my mind. Thank you all for your advice in this matter, I appreciate it a great deal. Please forgive me in advance because I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the near future about setting it up and basically treating myself until I can get a doctor who is on the same page as me. Thanks again.

Congrats on getting the most recommended auto CPAP machine on this forum.  The for her is the same as the regular Autoset, but has an additional algorithm.  Since the cost is about the same, it makes sense to get more for your money whether you need it or not.  Setup as suggested by Bonjour and we look forward to getting you in a good place on your therapy soon.  Most of all, you made the decision to take your therapy seriously and have self-financed to improve your health.  Be sure to keep records, and continue to obtain copies of your sleep study and get the prescription.  You may be able to submit the costs of this investment as an "out-of-network" claim.  It will not reimburse as much, but it at least helps and will document your therapy.  You should be able to continue getting supplies and support from an in-network provider.

Not giving tax advice (but speaking from knowing how the system works and having supported tax software), once you are diagnosed and get your other machine you should be able to claim the cost of the machine on your taxes. While you may not have enough for federal, Arizona will take if off almost dollar for dollar so it is a win-win situation. Health improves and pay less taxes (get more money).
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 254 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 537 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  In my situation (described within) which is better: S9 or Aircurve 10? erouting 7 683 08-14-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: erouting
  [Pressure] I need some advice with my sleep apnea situation. cpap2994 4 658 05-14-2023, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Llort
  Bit of a unique situation not sure how to proceed SleepyIntern 9 1,064 08-08-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: SleepyIntern
  Airfit N30i vs Dreamwear nasal - weird situation with N30i koala1 2 1,542 01-07-2022, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Interesting situation (financial) Broomstick 7 1,264 01-31-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: farnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.