Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wheezing? [due to CPAP use?]
Wheezing? [due to CPAP use?]
Always something... I'm wheezing. I had to use my rescue inhaler. Only the third time this year. Does anyone know if this has to do with humidity? Too much pressure? Too little?

It's an A10A 4Her. Auto 5-15, humidity at Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wheezing? [due to CPAP use?]
You have been coaxed to post data...still waiting. Whatever has caused you to need an inhaler in the past remains the primary suspect today.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yikes! The machine smells like burning electronics. The machine is not hot. Nor is the power supply. I've turned it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2017, 08:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have been coaxed to post data...still waiting.  Whatever has caused you to need an inhaler in the past remains the primary suspect today.

I don't need coaxing! I don't have an SD card reader yet, so I have no way to upload data. It's been on order from a major online outlet for a week.
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to resurrect my wheezing question.... I'm still wheezing a week later. Rattling in my lungs.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I currently have that problem. I get it in the Fall. It is worse if I forget to take generic Prevecid. I have silent acid reflux that worsens at certain times of the year (why? No clue). Excessive humidity is more likely to cause sinus issues than lung issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2017, 01:15 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Yes, I currently have that problem. I get it in the Fall. It is worse if I forget to take generic Prevecid.  I have silent acid reflux that worsens at certain times of the year (why? No clue).  Excessive humidity is more likely to cause sinus issues than lung issues.

Thanks SquitoBait.

I will say the CPAP has really helped clear my nose. I can sleep and breathe through my nose like the good ol' days. I've never been a wheezer....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wheezing? [due to CPAP use?] Problem solved.
Problem solved. I turned down the humidifier one notch and the temperature 3 degrees.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wheezing noise n20 with VCom ifsmithy 2 386 12-23-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 making wheezing noise? Normal? tierdal 11 10,570 08-31-2021, 02:52 PM
Last Post: mrmagloo
  Can pap use cause wheezing? Deborah K. 4 2,271 07-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] CPAP triggering asthma/wheezing? ShhhImSleeping 3 1,348 05-31-2020, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  CPAP machine wheezing sound Tyw7 11 3,846 09-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Tyw7
  CPAP triggering asthma/wheezing? Kris the Crone 25 16,556 07-17-2017, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [CPAP] "Wheezing" sound from mask Rasseye 10 4,274 01-31-2017, 11:59 PM
Last Post: chill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.