Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When did all of this get so complicated?
When did all of this get so complicated?
This forum is terrific as I felt so alone with my troublesome resmed 10. Like I said before I loved my resmed 8 and all I had to do for years was turn it on. Now with the resmed 10, you have to adjust the humidity and the heat in the hose and use a nasal spray or strips. It shouldn't have to be so hard. My question is: what about other machines such as resperonics? Has anyone out there had better luck with a different company CPAP other than resmed? So many of the posts have so many problems with the resmed 10 that it seems like a lost cause.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When did all of this get so complicated?
Hi puglady,
I know what you mean, change is so hard and I'm sorry to hear that things are going so rough for you with your new machine. Once you get the humidity set, you shouldn't have to keep re-adjusting it. Are you having trouble with your humidifier?
Hang in there for more responses to your post and while it is discouraging, don't give up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish,
Problem is that I use no humidity on my resmed 8 and I like the air cold but the resmed 10 only has hot air and when I turn the humidity off, it still seems like I am breathing through mud. The air is not clean and clear like with the resmed 8. I have tried every setting on the resmed 10 and each setting is thick, humid hot air. Do you think my machine could be broken?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 09:09 PM)puglady Wrote: Trish,
Problem is that I use no humidity on my resmed 8 and I like the air cold but the resmed 10 only has hot air and when I turn the humidity off, it still seems like I am breathing through mud. The air is not clean and clear like with the resmed 8. I have tried every setting on the resmed 10 and each setting is thick, humid hot air. Do you think my machine could be broken?

Are you using a heated hose with the resmed 10? If so, try switching to an unheated hose.

Also make sure the humidifier is completely off. And don't put any water in it.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Fill the tank with water, freeze it, and use with the humidifier turned off?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can remove the humidifier completely and replace it with a blanking plate. Google "Side Cover for AirSense 10". And replace your heated hose with a standard one. Problem solved! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Re: unheated hose

On the A10 just turn the hose temp to off.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
What mask are you using? I use a P10 and it can feel a little stuffy because of the diffuser vents.

Also some EPR might help. You could start with 3 and back it down as you adjust to it.

Like you, I prefer a cool mist rather than the warm mist the A10 puts out. Even if the heater is off, the air is not cool enough.

I've ordered a cheap ultrasonic cool mist humidifier and I plan to pipe its output into the A10 intake.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to install a humidity/temp sensor in my mask and find out what's really going on.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 08:37 PM)puglady Wrote: Has anyone out there had better luck with a different company CPAP other than resmed? So many of the posts have so many problems with the resmed 10 that it seems like a lost cause.

Yes. Yes! YES! OH GOD! YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! (imitation of hot young pre-plastic surgery Meg Ryan)

I have pretty much totally ditched my Resmed machines in favor of the Respironics. I used the S-8 for many year (6) and acquired a new in box S-8 Autoset II from Supplier #2 at a really good price - they may still have them. Other than that, I currently eschew ResMed machines.

In my opinion ResMed sees how far they can go to inconvenience their customers.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Uh oh, this is sounding like a Chevy vs Ford, or Apple vs PC discussion starting up - ResMed vs Respironics Smile

Time to put some popcorn on and sit back to enjoy the show Smile
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice for CPAP pressure and other -- complicated case dcg494 20 3,667 08-15-2018, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.