Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When do you adjust RX? PB Concerns..
When do you adjust RX? PB Concerns..
I've been using my CPAP for a few months and my doctor recently adjusted it because I started to have some stomach pains when I wake. While it's only been a few days, SleepyHead is saying the new RX is worse. How long does one go with a RX before adjusting? How do these numbers look? At what point do I get my PB checked? Google says PB is associated with congestive heart failure. Do I rush to the doctors and get a heart examine?

Thank you for all your help and advise. This forum has been very helpful!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When do you adjust RX? PB Concerns..
You do not have enough CSR (PB) to be of concern. The CHF connection is with CSR which is one form of PB. Cannot tell what form you have without a close up.
How do you feel? Your numbers are OK. I would try a bump in pressure to see if numbers improve, but how you feel is important.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the response.

I have been waking up and feeling well rested, but tired throughout the day and I could nap without much effort. I don't wake up with a headache to much anymore, although my mask is so tight, its sore when it ties. Regarding my numbers, they seem much better previously when in CPAP mode and before adjusting.

Is the PB basically where I stop breathing for that duration? I sometimes see that last for 3:30 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Periodic breathing is an oscillating flow rate that may or many not include apnea or hypopnea at the low flow point  You can zoom in on the Flow Rate graph where PB is flagged and see exactly what it is. It can occur in healthiy individuals and may just be a sleep disturbance. Do not confuse periodic breathing with Cheyne-Stokes Respiration which is a very regular waxing and waning of repiratory volume with a central apnea at the low point, and may continue much of the night. Please note, it is the machine that flags periodic breathing, not Sleepyhead. Resmed often labels it (incorrectly) as CSR.

Examples of harmless PB:
[Image: alBpme]

[Image: f6rWVRc.png]

[Image: BoringPB_zpse13e63a9.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 459 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 297 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 366 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,088 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 605 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,385 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me understand / adjust Aircurve10 ASV vs S9VPAP settings patrickbrem 2 373 08-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: patrickbrem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.