Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: Unsure
CPAP Pressure: 5-9
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAPing since 2006

Sex: Male

When does the A10 write to SDcard?
When does the Airsense 10 write the previous nights info? Is it a set time of day or at a certain amount of time after you turn the machine off?

Thanks,
Rick
02-13-2016 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SaldusMiegas Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: P-10, F&P Simplus
Humidifier: integrated
CPAP Pressure: Rx:14, Set:Auto 8.0-15.0

Other Comments: Woot! P-10 pillows plus Ruby chinstrap for side-sleeping mouth breathers

RE: When does the A10 write to SDcard?
(02-13-2016 11:35 AM)Rick_V Wrote:  When does the Airsense 10 write the previous nights info? Is it a set time of day or at a certain amount of time after you turn the machine off?

Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick,

I think it writes to the card continuously or at short intervals during its operation. Definitely not based on a set time every day. You can pull out the SD card a few seconds after you turn off the machine and immediately read the data from the SD card into your computer.

Detailed data is written to the SD card organized by session. If you turn the machine off and back on again later (like if you take a nap), then you will have multiple sessions within the same day. The software you use to view the data organizes the session data into days based on what time you tell it the day begins (by default the new day begins at 12 noon so that what we normally consider one night's sleep is not split across days at midnight. You can change that setting if your sleep schedule is different like if you work nights and sleep during the day).

Note that the A10 also wirelessly transmits to resmed in the sky providing the summary data that you can review on myair.resmed.com. This is different from writing to the SD card. I don't know exactly when it posts this data but I do know it usually takes about an hour or so after I turn off the machine before last night's data shows up on the myair web site.

But the SD card seems to always have the complete and most recent data as soon as you turn off the machine.

Saldus Miegas
02-13-2016 12:07 PM
PoolQ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 6.2, 15, PS4.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

If you leave the little door open you can see a light flash, this is when it is writing to the card. It writes throughout the night.
02-13-2016 01:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Rick_V Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: Unsure
CPAP Pressure: 5-9

Other Comments: CPAPing since 2006

(02-13-2016 12:07 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote:  
(02-13-2016 11:35 AM)Rick_V Wrote:  When does the Airsense 10 write the previous nights info? Is it a set time of day or at a certain amount of time after you turn the machine off?

Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick,

I think it writes to the card continuously or at short intervals during its operation. Definitely not based on a set time every day. You can pull out the SD card a few seconds after you turn off the machine and immediately read the data from the SD card into your computer.

Detailed data is written to the SD card organized by session. If you turn the machine off and back on again later (like if you take a nap), then you will have multiple sessions within the same day. The software you use to view the data organizes the session data into days based on what time you tell it the day begins (by default the new day begins at 12 noon so that what we normally consider one night's sleep is not split across days at midnight. You can change that setting if your sleep schedule is different like if you work nights and sleep during the day).

Note that the A10 also wirelessly transmits to resmed in the sky providing the summary data that you can review on myair.resmed.com. This is different from writing to the SD card. I don't know exactly when it posts this data but I do know it usually takes about an hour or so after I turn off the machine before last night's data shows up on the myair web site.

But the SD card seems to always have the complete and most recent data as soon as you turn off the machine.

Saldus Miegas
Thanks for the replies Saldus Miegas & PoolQ . Just wanted to make sure I wasn't removing it before data was written.
What you said about MyAir is what prompted my question, it is the same for me. I usually wait over a hour after I wake up before checking it online. I like to look at hard data about once a week in Sleepyhead instead of the Good Boy!!! stuff from MyAir.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2016 04:47 PM by Rick_V.)
02-13-2016 04:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Icon+ Won't Write to USB Arend 2 188 11-05-2016 02:32 AM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Airsense10 - SDcard, restore files?? spaceace77 6 1,197 06-16-2015 05:57 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Who is authorized to write compliance report for DOT? BILLD23 6 1,556 07-01-2014 06:11 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 - how long to write data to SD card? Paptillian 10 4,115 07-13-2013 05:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper