Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What happens when the lights go out?
This poll is closed.
I wake up immediately due to interruption in CPAP therapy.
57.89%
11 57.89%
I wake up because of a power failure alarm.
0%
0 0%
I sleep through it without realizing anything is wrong.
21.05%
4 21.05%
My CPAP is run through a battery setup that automatically kicks in.
21.05%
4 21.05%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

When the lights go out
When the lights go out
What happens when the lights go out and you are asleep w/ your CPAP going?

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When the lights go out
(11-04-2014, 08:40 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: What happens when the lights go out and you are asleep w/ your CPAP going?

OMM
zonked out

Edit: I did not realize its a poll
I would wake up but maybe not immediately
Post Reply Post Reply
I've experienced this several times here at home. When I travel, I use the AEIOMed machine and it has a built-in battery backup system.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really know for sure. But it's getting to be the time of year for that to happen, so i expect to find out before too much longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wake up. Don't know about the immediately part though. I have a battery backup but it isn't automatic. I need to switch manually.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 08:40 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: What happens when the lights go out and you are asleep w/ your CPAP going?

OMM

What about the option that in the poll that says "my pap stops working" Big Grin

Ok, but seriously last time this happened it woke me up virtually immediately.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason we wake up is that we have become conditioned to assisted breathing via the machine and when that stops the apnea comes back.

In fact I cannot get to sleep without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
When both wife and I are in bed any change in noise will wake me. Air conditioner running when I went to sleep and quit I wake up.

Ive gotten used to the sound of the machine even though its very quiet. It stops I wake. Clock we used to have out in the living room with the tick tock all the time run down and stop, I woke up. Always been that way about unexpected sound changes in the house.

Now if Im in bed and wife is up Ill sleep thru a tornado unless she wakes me LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply
mine is on a computer UPS that keeps it going for three hours during a power failure
Post Reply Post Reply
I wake up right away from the sudden pressure drop as my mask hits me in face.
It's a bit jarring but I had to get up anyway to re-arrainge things from the loss of electricity. Tongue
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS/FL (PLMS): Yellow/R Lights For So Many Lingering Folks_“Is Bilevel the Answer?" mper6794 107 16,105 06-22-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off? player 5 4,860 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
Ohmy [CPAP] Screen Lights On Resmed Airsense 10 Turn On & It Generates Reports Very Frequently tabbygreye 5 7,553 02-19-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
Gross Hosing up without the lights on ThatOtherGuy 16 4,347 05-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Regular Joe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.