Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to Replace ResMed S9?
When to Replace ResMed S9?
My ResMed S9 has 20,000 hours of use and I'm wondering how I will know when it needs replacement. I do not have a local medical equipment supplier (went with an online supplier because I found the local ones to to all be predatory)

Machine occasionally makes a noise - louder on the inhale. (Bearing failure?)

Does they typically fail abruptly or is gradual?

If gradual, could it not be delivering the pressure it says it is?.....making for inadequate treatment?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When to Replace ResMed S9?
At 20K hours, its time to source a machine yesterday. It may go to 22k hours but you won't know. The day it fails, is the beginning of when you won't have therapy until a replacement is in hand. The Resmed airsense 10 Autoset is being sold by Supplier #2 new in box for $539. Get one, and retire yours as an emergency backup.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As one that had an aging S9, I can attest to the above statements. It is far easier to find a good deal when you don't need one, as opposed to being desperate because the only one you have bit the dust.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My S9E has 22,100 hours, and I bought a new S10 in August. It still runs.

Advantages:
* my S10 apap is so much easier to use
*quieter
* bought an S10 "autoset for her"and I have better apap treatment than I did with my old S9 cpap.

It took me a while to dial in treatment with the new machine. I couldn't have done it without guidance here.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 90 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 246 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,072 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Need to Replace SD Card SingingWolf 6 805 04-17-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Replace mask hose etc: Uzupan 7 819 03-17-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  How often do you replace gear? Dave W 8 1,023 08-16-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.