Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to get a new machine
RE: When to get a new machine
Shulamet, we have had women that finally became exasperated with their stubborn doctors and poorly performing equipment and upgraded to the Airsense 10 Autoset For Her, along with using OSCAR and the forum to optimize therapy. If your apnea hovers below 5, there is a LOT missing from your potential results. It is in that margin between 0 and 5 that flow limitation, hypopnea and respiratory effort related arousals lurk. Your doctors will never even look at it, or care. You have the right idea, let's get you to a better place!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2020, 09:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ray, your machine will probably last at least 6 years, but there is a great deal of peace of mind in owning a backup device. The worst time to need a machine is when you no longer  have one that works.  My machine now has about 16,600 hours and my 5 years comes up this February, and I anticipate a bit of a hassle with the DME and Medicare to get it replaced.  It was no problem before I transitioned to Medicare.  

If you want to use  up your medical account, please consider my recommendation that you purchase the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset from Supplier #2 who is selling that unit for $538 (new in-box).  It's a significant upgrade to your Dreamstation Auto CPAP because it is more comfortable, faster to respond before events occur and actually has a bilevel pressure capability that is effectively therapeutic.  You would even have enough leftover for a mask.

Thank you for the advice Sleeprider, I should mention that I am in Canada and was talking $600 Canadian but that is still a great deal.  I will need to check with them if they ship/sell to Canada.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our supplier list includes some Canadian suppliers as well that have been very good price-wise. Feel free to let us know if we are missing one that offers a good deal. It sounds like $600 CAD would be a very good deal to consider since you don't worry about shipping or tariffs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again, I will check with them to see if they ship to Canada as that price would still be lower then anything I have seen here.  I will look around tomorrow though to see if there are any good boxing day sales.  I originally bought from a place called sleepyet which were good to deal with, this time I was seeing some good deals at a place called SleepEh but I don't know much about them other then there prices look pretty good and they add on a bunch of stuff too.  

From your experience is there any concern about not getting a brand new unit from some of these online companies, I keep hearing talk of some online companies reselling reconditioned units but not disclosing that?  

One of the reasons why I had originally went with the Dreamstation was the price.  Four years ago when I bought it I did some research on here and it seemed it and the Resmed machine were pretty equal in reviews but the Dreamstation up here is generally about $400+ or so cheaper.  Has Resmed now overtaken Phillips in quality and worth the extra money?  

Thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed and Philips have always produced distinctly different machines, and when it comes to Auto CPAP, the Resmed has always had a more proactive response that prevents obstructive events rather than responds to them. In addition, while Philips machines provide CFlex and AFlex, the Resmed provides true bilevel pressure with up to 3-cm difference between inhale and exhale pressure (Pressure Support). The difference in comfort and ability to actually treat flow limitation, RERA and hypopnea is huge. I just don't consider the quality or comfort even close.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2020, 11:24 AM)Shulamet Wrote: I  have increasing morning Sleep Inertia which is  interfering with my life despite  compliance and 7-9 hours uninterrupted Sleep on Auto Pap.
 As a result I am considering switching from Phillips Dream Station 2018 to  a Resmed Airsense 10 FOR HER as it suggests a different algorithm for Women's breathing patterns. It is more expensive.
 Any thoughts on the difference in Algorithm  for her or is that marketing ?
Hi Shulamet,
The difference in algorithms is not marketing hype.

I recently (May 2020) upgraded from my working S9 Autoset to an Airsense 10 Autoset for Her.  After getting a baseline for about a month, I tested the other 2 auto modes.  For me, there were distinct differences between all 3 auto modes.  If you get this machine, it will be worth your time to test the different modes.  The report on my experiments is here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rapy-Modes
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,401 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,869 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,343 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,792 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,285 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.