Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to increase pressure
RE: When to increase pressure
I would be reluctant to raise the pressure. Things are looking good and getting better. Congrats.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2013, 08:09 PM)GaryG Wrote:
(02-14-2013, 07:28 PM)wilorg Wrote: So don't take them lightly and unless clearly written on the prescription, don't take near the sleeping hour.
Just a comment. The antidepressant I take has a side effect of making me drowsy, which actually helps me go to sleep. But to each his/her own. Smile

So what drugz do they have YOU on? I was on Effexor for many years and recently switched to Cymbalta. I started back in 1992 on Doxepin and that always left me drowsy. Not good unless you take it around bed time.
Post Reply Post Reply
My medication list keeps growing. 12 prescribed medications (incl. 2 inhalers) and 3 OTC I take daily.

For depression, we decreased my Wellbutrin and started Lexapro.

I tried Cymbalta a few months ago and the side effects were far too much. First it was extreme nausea for almost two weeks then it was bowel difficulty.

Sleepster, I think I will take your advice and continue to monitor for another two weeks. I've got some other things going on and there's just too many variables right now.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, 12 prescriptions you're taking now Paula? I'm worried about you with that many interactions possible... one would think that at some point, there's bound to be some type of unintended consequences caused by the mix. Please be careful if you can. Unsure

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I go to a small town pharmacy and he's really good at watching for conflicts. And my GP discusses them all with me once a year.

I keep a document (using a spreadsheet) of all the medications, dosages, and all that. I print it out and take to every doctor's visit so we are all on the same page. I also keep a "medical history" document with dates and the like that I also take with me to new docs.

I'm not as sick as I seem to be! Honest! But my dx list is getting longer.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I kind of figured you were super-organized with that stuff, Paula. That's very good! Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
As we get older the number of meds, both prescription and over the counter, tends to increase. I'm on four prescription pills plus one prescription inhaler. Aspirin, vitamins, and fish oil. I have a dispenser to keep track of it all.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I have managed to get meds that I only have to take in the AM or the PM. None of this "noon" or otherwise timed. It's not going to happen. I am just not that organized. I do have an alarm on my iPod Touch that goes off at 8pm as a reminder just so I take it at the same time each night.

Friend of mine had a new med that she had to take at certain times. She got an alarm to help her remember. We're in church, it's time for communion. She's in her scooter, her bag is in the basket. It's that quiet moment when we are all reflecting, etc.

"Time to take your medication. Time to take your medication. Time to take your medication." It went off like a dozen times before she could dig it out of her bag and shut it up. She wanted to just sink into the floor and disappear. We all laughed later but she was still beet red.

ETA: and I also wanted to add that I keep a print out of my medication in my medication bag. It's a cool cloth bag that holds all the pills (but not the inhalers) and I keep the latest schedule in it. That way, we just grab the bag and go. Many hospitals or doc offices have this little folding card thing so you can write them down and keep in your wallet.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, with that level of organisation you are welcome in my office any day! What a lovely organised patient!Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL Some docs don't like it. But unless they are the only ones around, I don't keep 'em.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 84 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 154 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,270 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 433 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 406 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,216 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,644 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.