Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to increase pressure
RE: When to increase pressure
(started a new thread but realized it really ought to be here)

AHI is good. Best it's been in a while. But I keep getting the afternoon nods!

I was on the Lexapro for a while. But my neuro would like to increase the Amitripwhatever but couldn't due to the Lexapro and Wellbutrin. So my GP and I decided to drop the Wellbutrin and switch the Lexapro for Effexor. Phew! Lots of hard to spell words! The Lexapro just had too many side effects involving my sleep (the AHI never went as low as it used to be and my dreams were just getting weirder and weirder).

I've been on the Effexor for just over a month.

Then my DME tells me the Breeze is being discontinued so they sent me the Swift LT. This mask is quieter. I'm finding it hard to get used to and it is taking me a long time to fall asleep. It feels like it is very hard to breathe out against yet I feel smothered when I breathe in.

I keep getting the afternoon nods. I'm thinking it is just the Effexor settling in. We gradually increased it while decreasing the other so, looking at the calendar, I've only been at this dose for about 2 weeks.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you asked about the Wisp? They seem to be pushing that on my DME, but I haven't tried it yet. Next time, I think.

Amitriptylene is good for sleep. I'm on 25 mg, which is the smallest dose possible. I'm thinking about increasing it to 50, but I don't want to have to do that.

I go to bed, get up about an hour later, then back to bed about an hour after that. Sleep a good 4-5 hours solid, then spend the next hour or two dozing. I think I'm getting closer to being able to sleep through the night.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Amitriptyline has greatly diminished the migraines but not the day-to-day headaches. It did in the beginning but they've been coming back. The neuro wanted to increase it. It's supposed to make me sleepy, too, but I don't think it does that much. I wish it would!

These afternoon nod attacks are getting annoying.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 91 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 157 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,272 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 434 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 406 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,219 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.