Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to replace ResMed AirFit ™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When to replace ResMed AirFit ™ P10 Nasal Pillow
Hi,

I had been using ResMed AirFit ™ P10 Nasal Pillow with my ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP machine. In the last month or so I have it very irritating to use and have not been able to use it for more than an hour before I take it off as I can't sleep. My query is it because I need to replace it ? How long is a nasal pillow supposed to last? is there anything I can do to extend its life?

I had a look around and each pillow is about AUD 60+ which can be quite expensive. Any suggestions to cheap places to buy for someone in Melbourne, Australia?

Thanks in advance for all your support.

Regards
Ashish Oliver
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When to replace ResMed AirFit ™ P10 Nasal Pillow
You'll probably get a lot of different answers to this question. I found they last me 1 to 2 months after that they won't hold a seal as well. As far as buying I get mine on Amazon. Don't know if they ship there though.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've also seen a lot of different forum responses on this issue - some replace every couple of months, others seem to keep theirs as long as two years or longer. I've been using my current pair for 10 months -- they don't leak at all, but sometimes they do cause irritation so I'm wondering if a newer pair would be softer. Is there an Aussie version of eBay? I've seen some reasonably-priced ones here in the US on eBay but I would want to ensure they are factory sealed -- otherwise I'm not sure I could tell the difference between new and old ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
After a month they stop sealing so well on me, and then they start irritating my skin more than usual.

So I'd say a month.

I buy them on Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

Thank you for your advice and support. I am going to try and get a replacement pillow and see if it makes any difference. I have seen some sold in ebay for around $25 USD.

Regards
Ashish
Post Reply Post Reply
Update to my previous post: I replaced my P10 pillows last night and the new ones don't irritate as much as the previous ones. I still wasn't getting any leaks from my old ones - maybe I was lucky. But after last night I'm glad that I overcame my cheapskate tendencies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you!

I don't think I notice leaking when they get old, but I just feel like they don't rest as comfortably and nicely on my nose.

Yep, for $20-ish, it's worth a replacement! (I think I buy larges on Amazon for $20.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know of a cream we can use that will make them less irritating but not damage the mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Many recommend Lansinoh (lanolin). It's sold in the bottles/nursing section at Target.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!

For me, the irritation at first was at the bottom of my nostrils. I realized the pillows were too small & that I pushed them too far up, so I upgraded to the large ones, & set them on the edge of the nares. If you feel the pillow on the side of your nose,(little mass)  you have the wrong size  That solved that problem. 

Then it started irritating the skin between the lips & the nose. I use a small piece of medical tape (2 cm.X1cm.) stick it there & no more burning sensation. Works for me! 

Ass far as duration, they're usable for 3/4 months. 

Bag-head   snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 993 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,662 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,673 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,507 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 134 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 245 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,944 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.