Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to replace headgear
When to replace headgear
My Quattro FX headgear seems to have stretched and I think it might be time to replace it.

I have leakages at night and the straps cant be tightened any more

Questions
- where is the cheapest supplier (im in Aussie)
- how often should one be replacing the headgear, as I have read various time frames

any help please

come in Zonk
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When to replace headgear
Hi worthog,
Yep, it's time to get new headgear when it gets stretched out; if you are having trouble tightening it to keep from having leaks, it's time to replace it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I can get a new headgear every 6 months but when I was using the Quattro fx, they didn't last that long. I have been using the wisp since November (a little over 2 months now) and my headgear is still in great condition; it is a lot better made than the headgear with the Quattro fx IMHO
Post Reply Post Reply
I think supplier 10 ships to Australia - their prices are pretty competitive but I'm not sure about shipping.

FX headgear just doesn't seem to last as long as other headgear...I think it has a lot to do with the strain placed on it from the angle it has to pull since there is no forehead brace. Medium headgear fits me, but I find I can get a lot more life out of a Small headgear on my Medium mask.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Worthog, I live at Coolum. I have a good U.S. supplier. Do you want me to get you a price for that mask? If you do, could you let me know what size you need please?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I replace my headgear every three months when my supplier send me a new set. My insurance covers new mask and all the support gear every three months and a new tnak every 6. I should have a new set coming any day now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2014, 04:20 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: I replace my headgear every three months when my supplier send me a new set. My insurance covers new mask and all the support gear every three months and a new tnak every 6. I should have a new set coming any day now.

I get a new mask every 3 months that has the frame and cushion. A headgear comes with it but the DME writes that off or doesn't give it to me. Insurance won't pay for it.

You are fortunate that your insurance pays for it. Most follow medicare guidelines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 07:39 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: I think supplier 10 ships to Australia - their prices are pretty competitive but I'm not sure about shipping.
I get my stuff sent from them, very reliable source
Few dollars saving [Image: mod_head_mail_lt.gif]
To save on shipping cost, I order yearly supplies mask cushions, headgear, hoses plus whatever else might need
Medium size Quattro FX headgear $31 plus $8 for the clips but you might don,t the clips

In Australia ... headgear $79, clips $10 extra. Do you sums, it work out a lots cheaper even with currency rates and adding shipping cost

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2014, 07:22 PM)me50 Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 04:20 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: I replace my headgear every three months when my supplier send me a new set. My insurance covers new mask and all the support gear every three months and a new tnak every 6. I should have a new set coming any day now.

I get a new mask every 3 months that has the frame and cushion. A headgear comes with it but the DME writes that off or doesn't give it to me. Insurance won't pay for it.

You are fortunate that your insurance pays for it. Most follow medicare guidelines.

Actually, mine does follow Medicare guidelines to some extent. It is a gov't insurance and if a doctor takes Medicare, they have to take mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2014, 01:37 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 07:22 PM)me50 Wrote:

Actually, mine does follow Medicare guidelines to some extent. It is a gov't insurance and if a doctor takes Medicare, they have to take mine.

That is good that they give you a headgear every 3 months b/c they don't have to according to the medicare guidelines. When I was using Resmed's headgear I needed one that often but so far, with the wisp, the headgear is holding up better than the Resmed headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 82 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 439 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 350 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,068 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.