Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When your machine died .... did your AHI go up?
RE: When your machine died .... did your AHI go up?
I gave the Minimum 10 pressure with EPR of 3 a second shot because the first night at those settings was such a bad night's sleep. 

Last night was a much better sleep, I remember very few awakenings.  My AHI was better at 1.76.  Flow limits were a little better and tidal volume was about the same.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a very good analysis. The decision on what to do is up to you. You can always split the difference with a pressure of 9.4 or 9.6. To
Me the current settings look good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cpapian,
I see you're using an Autoser For Her.  I have the same machine, just started with it on May 1.  I didn't know which of the 3 Auto modes would work best for me, so I ran some experiments, which I reported on in this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rapy-Modes

After you get to a stable situation, I would encourage to do some trials of your own - the results can be significant.  In my case, I judged the differences by looking at the Flow Limit Maximums and the Pressure 95% stats.  The Autoset/Soft response mode was best for me, and the drop in pressure stats was significant, most helpful for somone with Aerophagia.

Good luck on your search.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. I'll just keep things as they are for now. I only have two more weeks till my replacement machine arrives. I appreciate your help with improving my sleep and AHI.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
In term of my treatment, things have been going well. My machine however is a mystery to me. Just a little over 3 weeks ago it started this horrible sound ... which started this thread. It came from the left side of the machine and was high pitched. Every night it was different until two nights ago it is almost gone.

I am wondering if the machine fixed itself or is it just another stage in the process of dying.

Not sure what to do about replacement machine. It should have arrived by now but hasn't. I will feel foolish if it is no longer broken when I pick up the replacement. And maybe they won't give me a replacement. And maybe I am better off with my machine than whatever they provide as a replacement.

It would be easier if I could take it apart and see what is going on inside, but if do, I will void the warranty.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2020, 03:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think your pneumatic block (blower) is shot. Even if it maintains pressure it is probably not responding as quickly to the inhal/exhale transitions, and that is what feels off. Nice you still get a 0.0 AHI.  The fan in the unit is able to change speeds rapidly, but if bearings are failing it makes noise and loses performance.

Just a bump on my previous query.  I don't think I explained what I meant very accurately.   So, I'll try again. 

I guess my question is what is better for me in terms of risks ?

I only have 3 months left on my warranty.   So if I say to the DME  hey the noise disappeared I won't need the replacement  and then 4 months from now it comes back and I am out of warranty.   Plus, the performance may not be up to the standard of a fully functioning machine.

Versus, I take the replacement (which maybe a refurbished machine) and when the manufacturer gets my machine,  turns it on and doesn't hear the noise.

Could it be possible I got some weird dust that made the noise for 3 weeks, or did the bad bearing just wear down enough so the noise stopped. 

I know this whole question is totally weird.   I just find it hard to make a decision with uncertainty.   If I could open it up and inspect it or test it's capabilities,  I would know then what to do.

Because of COVID 19, I didn't want to take a replacement,  but if I  had I wouldn't have this uncertainty. 

Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never seen a machine with a bad pneumatic block (blower) self-heal. The condition is usually progressive and gets louder. I don't know what could cause a mechanical noise in that part of the machine other than the fan. It is really the only moving part, however if there was an obstruction in the airflow or a clogged filter, I suppose that could cause noises. I would let the DME make their own evaluation. How many hours on your machine now?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hours are 8682 over 2 years 9 months.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I have run a machine over 16000 hours but let the DME make the determination based on your input. My observation is that once we got minimum pressure where it belonged, there were no more problems or anomalies.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yah, I had a great night last night  .4.  Still at the settings you suggested.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,135 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dad's Cpap Machine Died SufiMindtricks 12 904 08-09-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad My AirCurve died lilymaebelle 3 516 12-30-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen! agunslinger 2 682 04-16-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: agunslinger
  My CPAP Died Mrbuffles 3 688 11-18-2021, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.