Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba flashair card
Toshiba flashair card
I have gone through 2 cards. Same thing....works for awhile then it loses it's IP configuration....need to remove and insert to reacquire configuration...started using DNS name....flashair...even then had to remove and insert to connect to the network. Happened with one card....returned it and received a new one...same thing...worked for awhile then would not connect to the network. Had to remove and transfer data directly to my PC. Very frustrating....is it a design problem or is it my Resmed autoset causing the problem. I have ordered a ez Share 16GB to try that...anyone have any experience with the ez share or suggestions on the Toshiba card. I have a feeling it is an issue with the Resmed autoset....appreciated anything on this problem. Forgot the first card after awhile would not work directly with my PC...noticed the same symptoms with the second card...stopped using it and returning it. Going back to standard SD card...removing....downloading data then reinserting back into the Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Toshiba flashair card
I had the same problem. Also went back to using a standard SD card.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just had a thought....signal strength...I placed my access point in the same room.  That location works fine for my other wifi devices.  This small card may have a problem with signal strength...reason it keeps losing its IP configuration.  I can now access and download data from the card....proof is if this continues.   Well keep this thread updated...
Post Reply Post Reply
The WiFi enabled SD card has a small antenna so it’s range is not great. Any walls in between will also drastically reduce connectivity of the WiFi card. Placing your AP in the same room is one possible soulution. I used to use a range extender until I got a more powerful router which covers the whole house.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your APPAUTOTIME & STA_RETRY_CT both equal 0 (zero)?  Any value other than 0 (zero) will cause it to sleep and/or not retry connecting.   Normally, these cards only broadcast during initialization.  Since they boot faster than the normal wireless access point, the FlashAir will broadcast its existence but nothing will be listening.  Anytime that you lose power at the access point, you will have recycle the FlashAir as well.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's only been 4 days buy I have been able to connect every day since I tried this.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...WiFi-range
Post Reply Post Reply
Been 3 days without any problems....key is signal strength...little WIFI card does not have much gain either transmit or receive...small antenna.  The solution is to put the source....access point or WIFI extender in the same room....WIFI extender is essentially an access point.  Should of thought of this earlier...  My setup is I have a wired router with patch (ethernet cable) run to every room in the house...nerve center is closet in one of my spare bedrooms....more reliable that WIFI.  But there are certain devices that require WIFI so I have an access point...easy...try the access point in the same room as the SD WIFI card....takes care of the problem I have had with the card and doesn't impact my other WIFI devices...they have enough gain.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,247 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,957 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 555 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 796 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.