Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where Do I go From here?
RE: Where Do I go From here?
When I was still using a nasal pillow I found that the Brevida actually sealed better at higher pressures, might be worth a try ?

When I was in the 8-12 range 14 seemed ridiculously high, I've been set at 17 for quite a while now with a ramp from 12, the body adapts really quickly, I wouldn't afraid of a little higher pressure ?

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Rob!

The number of variables is quite astonishing. As I read through experiences the group encounters I'm quite often jealous that certain formulas "work" for others but not for me. 

Last night I increased my max pressure from 8.2 to 10. I have resorted to using plastic tape each night over my lips otherwise air would puff out of my mouth.  Air does not escape my mouth thru my lips doing this. There is a "However" to the story.

However ... I now awake with air entering my mouth, and as one observer quipped "I had cheeks like a Chipmunk". I squeeze my cheeks together and it disappears temporarily. Yes, I do start by positioning my tongue to the roof of my mouth and do all sorts of tricks but I think during the night it relaxes and forgets. This happens over and over until I finally remove the mask in frustration. I am losing sleep almost every morning, but wow! Look at the AHI!  LOL. I WANT that number.

I'm far from giving up, and am going to gradually reduce pressure to find a sweet spot - Sleeprider is on the right track for me, and his patience and the helpful suggestions of the clan on this blog always keep me going. It's a family that constantly amazes me with their support and understanding!

Cheers & good sleeping!
Howie
Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.

Denis Waitley

Post Reply Post Reply
The chipmunk cheeks will disappear as you get used to the increased pressure after a couple of nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank-you Jas!

I've had little experience with a nasal mask and air escape into my mouth, so I'll persevere with 10!

Cheers
Howie
Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.

Denis Waitley

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider:

A few days of 6-10 and the Chipmunk Cheeks have subsided. In all honesty, I haven't noticed a significant improvement in the way I feel. Still experiencing frequent arousals. Not feeling rested, but I am trying hard to retain the mask as long as possible.

Charts attached ... Suggestions welcomed!  Dielaughing

Cheers
Howie

Denis Waitley

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.