Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where can I find my "number" on my sleep report?
Wink 
Where can I find my "number" on my sleep report?
Hello -

I am finally, after nearly 20 years, finally going to do this. Did it 15 years ago and used the "huge" ResMed for probably 3 nights (<3 hours). Three years ago I got another study, and used the newer, slimmer ResMed VPAP S9 H5i and my love for it was duplicated as that from the one 15 years earlier. While I grew up in a hurricane prone area of New England, I enjoyed the wind in my face when we would go outside (over-protectionism wasn't in style yet...the parents just said watch out for flying debris!) but fresh air, pinpointed to one small area of my face, didn't feel so good.

A few days ago, I said, this is it! I have had it. Tired of being tired and cranky and starting to look tired...and older (always looked 10 years younger, so they said). Tired of taking nap after nap cause one day I am going to lay down for a power nap and it'll be, unknowingly, my last. Tired of being reminded of some familial diseases, I am at risk for, might be sped up due to lack of proper rest...blah..., blah blah...you've all heard it before. So the day before yesterday was "CPAP DAY" at my house.

I had managed, about a year ago, to find a YouTube video showing how to change the airflow. I wanted to knock it down and then gradually increase the flow as my tolerance increased. so I was psyched! Here I go to a new me! About 5 minutes after ramp up, I was eating the mask for dessert. The bottom had creeped up over my chin and whammy...the bottom part of the mask was in my mouth. So I packed up in my travel case bound for the closet.

I figured what I needed was a chin strap. ResMed musta been reading my mind because the had one on sale so I got it...about 8 months ago. So I had the similar excuses to feed my procrastination (that is a hyphen not a period. -----grrrrrrr)...but this time I found a new one which wasn't pleasant but motivated me. "I'm getting older...FAST!" Life is like a 33 rpm record. When you first start out one revolution seems to take for ever. Summer vacations seem to take for ever and 12th grade...I won't live that old! The closer you get to the spindle, the fast the Amy's go. My parents once said when in their late 70's, "Wait til you get our age, days are like seconds!" But it worked. And much to my surprise, it worked. Was amazed and happy and I felt I DID have a future once again.

So, the video that was on the 'net appears to have been removed. I bet the guy got arrestedWink. I have looked high and low and can not seem to find where he explains to change the number. I was looking for that because I am sure he entioned where to find the number on the study. I have sever SA and I remember something about 19.

If someone could relay the name of the number I am sure I can find it on one of these papers of the report. After one night I am not ready to go back up to 19 (if that's the number), but the number I am on (13?) is a little low....and I want to challenge myself a bit.

All that I tall to say I will feel like a different person. I do now, so I hope it's the other way different.

Thank you for listening. I am happy to have found this board. You are probably wondering why I just don't call my Dr.. I didn't like him. He left his bedside manner he left in some CPAP machine somewhere. Thanks again. Promise future questions will be shorter. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where can I find my "number" on my sleep report?
G'day Maxxjacker, welcome to Apnea Board. I've moved your question to the main forum where it will get greater exposure.

When you say you're looking for "my number" I guess you mean what your pressure setting should be. That's not quite as simple as it sounds - because you list your machine as a VPAP. There are different types of VPAP and all of them have different types of settings. So have a look at the area around the power button and let us know everything that is written there. It might include terms like "Adapt", "ST" etc. This will help us work out what settings you need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 173 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 456 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.