Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where can I find the static pressure I would need for true cpap from my Resmed S9
Where can I find the static pressure I would need for true cpap from my Resmed S9
I have been using my S9 in autoset mode quite happily for several years now.  Is there somewhere in the S9 that I can read the static pressure I would need for true (fixed pressure) cpap?

Just to satisfy my curiosity...

Kind regards,

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where can I find the static pressure I would need for true cpap from my Resmed S9
The best way to determine a good fixed CPAP pressure is to analyze your results using software, or using the on-screen therapy information on your S9 Autoset. Your machine has the ability to display Sleep Report information. To learn how to access advanced information, request a copy of the clinical Setup Manual for your machine here. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

The better method would be to download #Sleepyhead software, install it on a PC or Mac computer and upload data from your machine's SD card for analysis. A typical fixed pressure is your 90th Percentile pressure from Auto CPAP mode. That information is easily available from the software.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where can I find the static pressure I would need for true cpap from my Resmed S9
(08-24-2017, 03:53 PM)Reptile Wrote: I have been using my S9 in autoset mode quite happily for several years now.  Is there somewhere in the S9 that I can read the static pressure I would need for true (fixed pressure) cpap?

It's probably a good thing to know just in case you ever find yourself having to use a fixed-pressure CPAP. Following the advice Sleeprider gave you, you would look at your pressure statistics. For example, the median pressure would tell you the pressure you're at (or below) for 50% of the time. Likewise the 95th percentile pressure will tell you the pressure you're at or below 95% of the time.

Depending on how far apart those numbers are, you could make a judgment call. For example, if your median pressure is 12 and your 95th percentile pressure is 14, you would set your fixed pressure at maybe 13 or even 14. On the other hand, if those two numbers are further apart it would be a bit more difficult to figure out. You might need to actually set the machine at a fixed pressure and see how it affects your AHI.

I know from doing experiments like this that my fixed pressure is about 11. If that made me swallow too much air I'd lower it to 10. But that's just me. I actually need a pressure of 13 to get my AHI as low as possible, but at that pressure I'd swallow so much air I'd have intolerable pain.

If we have a power outage from Harvey I will have to haul out my fixed pressure BiPAP and hook it up to my car battery. I'd set the pressure at 12 over 8 and that would keep me pain free and treat my sleep apnea "good enough". Hopefully!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with the storm!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Reptile,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 447 14 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 237 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 278 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 448 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 330 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.