Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where do I begin? [AirCurve 10 ST to Aircurve 10 ASV ]
RE: Where do I begin? [Help with AirCurve 10 ST]
Mode: ST
IPAP: 16.0
EPAP: 14.0
Resp Rate: 10.0
Ti Max: 4.0
Ti Min: 0.3
Rise Time: Min
Trigger: Med
Cycle: Med
Mask: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Ramp Time: Off
Climate Ctrl: Auto
Temp Tube: 80 F
Humidity Level: 4

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your hypopneas indicate that you need a bit more PS. Increase IPAP by 1 to 17
Post Reply Post Reply
@Gideon made the recommended change.

IPAP: 17.0
EPAP: 10.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Same as above but reduce EPAP by 1 to 13. So PS of 4
Working on hypopneas
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to sleep Doc yesterday presented a case for ASV, Doc wants to get 30-day data on ST before considering change. Doc had DME make the following changes.

IPAP: 18.0
EPAP: 4.0
Ti Max: 3.0

Terrible, terrible night. Could not cope with settings. Not sure if EPAP setting @ 4.0 was a mistake, this makes PS=14. Changed settings around 2:49 a.m. to try and get some sleep. I have call into sleep Doc to see if settings are correct. Pretty well exacerbated.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll bet that those UA events are CA events
Post a couple of 10 minute segments containing them,

Doc's logic? You NEED more PS to manage the CA events, hell even the ASV sets PS max to 15, so we will go a bit under that to treat the CA events. Or something like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, and let's get something straight here, the Bird Brain here appears to be your doctor..

Let us know how he responds today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here a Quack There a Quack
Old McQuack has a farm

If me, I'd absolutely NOT wanting the DME touching my settings and making therapy worse.

If I recall correctly, my first pulmonary sleep Quack wanted me to torture myself on a DreamStation Auto BPAP for a month in 2017, before he'd consider listening to my complaint that the therapy was TERRIBLE. This was his take on the first Monday of use when I called to complain. On Tuesday, same story. Wednesday, same. Thursday, same. Friday, turn off the BPAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW, just WOW!

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Received phone call from RT today. Talked about changed settings, was told that there was no mistake that is what Doc wanted. Went on to discuss AHI, Hypopnea and unclassified apnea that I was seeing form last night, also talked about ASV. RT said I convinced him I need to move to ASV and that if the DOC would get in touch with him, he would present his recommendation to moving to ASV.  

Finally received call from Doc’s nurse, I conveyed findings of last night and conversation with RT. Also let her know that I want to move to ASV. She informed me that for me to go to ASV I would be required to attend another sleep Lab even though I just had one and insurance may not pay for it. Told her I do not care and that she should sign me up for the next immediate one available.

Will change settings as recommended by Gideon for tonight and see how that works. Hope this wil allow me to get some rest.

IPAP: 17.0
EPAP: 13.0
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.