Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where do I begin? [AirCurve 10 ST to Aircurve 10 ASV ]
RE: Where do I begin? [Help with AirCurve 10 ST]
After getting with sleep Doc and RT I have finally obtained a ResMed ASV machine. Initial settings from DME were as follows:

Mode ASVAuto
Min EPAP 11.0
Max EPAP 15.0
Min PS 4.0
Max PS 14.0

I changed settings for first night as follows:

Mode ASVAuto
Min EPAP 6.0
Max EPAP 15.0
Min PS 4.0
Max PS 19.0

Here are the results of first night, definitely a different feeling when I awoke. Don’t know if it is wishful thinking but brain fog was not as prevalent, still have a headache but, still feel better alert. I deeply appreciate the support from everyone and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good job. That edit was likely a good idea as well. Zero leaks, low events. Don't change anything. Next trick? Repeat this.

Oh, heads up, in case the ASV blows hard while you're falling asleep, "blow-back". Literally, when it does this, it'll jolt you awake. Solution is to blow back into your mask. It'll back off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mode ASVAuto
Min EPAP 6.0
Max EPAP 15.0
Min PS 4.0
Max PS 19.0

Definitely different nights rest from AirCurve 10 ST. I no longer wake with brain fog or a headache, wife says my mood has also changed, (for the better). I am including a couple nights data, would appreciate feedback.

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR data looks very good, low events, minimal leaks. If you want, you could replace flow limit chart with another, mask pressure or something like that. The ASV therapy will typically leave some FL on the table, you can't attack them with the ASV, it's not the goal for ASV.

Again my opinion therapy looks very good. No setting changes that I see.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Give a try to a EPAP min 5.0 and PS min 3.0 and see if that makes any difference. You look pretty darn good with the new machine, so we're mainly looking for comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
being that there is still snoring i might suggest vaulting the Min EPAP to 6.4 and the PS min to 4.4 to see if having the IPAP close to 11 cm shuts down the snoring a bit.  that is only if you indeed even change, but your settings seem to do the trick as they are.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Results from last night.

Mode  ASVAuto
Min EPAP 5.0
Max EPAP 15.0
Min PS 3.0
Max PS 19.0

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, so how do you feel with this sleep session? Stats are very good, so it comes down to feeling well rested and comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AHI has remained the same. Overall pressures are slightly lower with the lower EPAP min. Your therapy looks great compared to the previous ST. How are you feeling? Any sense of recovery?

Regarding snores, I don't see enough there to chase them, and they did not increase with lower EPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really felt great yesterday. I had enough energy to go for a walk and do a little yard work, Hope I did not overdo it, here are last night’s results. I feel a little foggy this morning but that may be from yesterday activity.

Mode ASVAuto
Min EPAP 5.0
Max EPAP 15.0
Min PS 3.0
Max PS 19.0

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 96 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 108 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 996 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 697 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 223 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 204 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.