Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where do you keep your machine?
Where do you keep your machine?
I usually kept my machine on the headboard of my bed.  A small space, but it fits fine.  I was reading where some people were keeping their machines below their bed level.  

I decided to put my machine on a stool and then a chair next to my bed, but I am finding this difficult as the weight of the hose (with my home made hose cover, is weighing down my nasal mask and changing the angle.  This puts pressure on my nostril, nose and upper lip.  

Where do you keep your machines?

Has anyone had a problem with their nasal mask changing position

Regards,

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where do you keep your machine?
I believe that people who mount their machine below bed level are trying to prevent rainout. If you do not have rainout problems then you can place the machine anywhere that is convenient for you. For me, mine is at head level on my nightstand just a foot or two from my head. I just arrange the main tube to insure that any moisture that may form flows away from my mask. That said, rainout is seldom a problem where I live in the Houston, TX area. I only use a humidifier about three months a year.
Post Reply Post Reply
At your experimental configuration to keep the hose from tugging at your mask clip the hose to your night clothing using a hose clamp - in my case a tank top, and clip it so there is slack in the short hose between the mask and the long hose. That way, when you turn, the only part that should move is the mask and short hose. Of course, a full body movement will move the entire contraption but if you keep enough of the long hose coiled near or under your covers it shouldn't move the machine. Supplier #1 has hose clamps.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned, if you aren't having problems with rainout, you can keep your machine wherever it works for you. There are 'cpap' hose clips, but you can buy one at the hardware store for a lot less. Another option is to get a Hose Buddy or similar contraption. Lots of folks love those. Doesn't work for me because of the cats (long story there). There are homemade versions that you can attach to your headboard using cords, but they aren't really suitable for homes with young kids or pets due to strangulation hazard when you aren't there.
Post Reply Post Reply
On a nightstand level with my mattress.  I also use a couple clips to fasten the hose to the sheet or my pj's so it doesn't pull on the mask hose.  It just moves with me. Cool
Never had a problem with rainout.  Use heated hose and hose cover.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My hose has a snuggle hose (it looks like a candy cane) made out of microfleece. I discovered serendipitously that I could drape the hose over a pillow in a flannel pillowcase, and the hose wouldn't move without intention. I basically slap the hose wherever I want it and it'll stay put. I create whatever slack I need, and the hose never tugs.

I have the flannel pillow between me and the nightstand. But I also have a skimpy one plopped on my belly. The hose doesn't go anywhere without my permission. No tugs at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2017, 10:14 AM)sptrout Wrote: For me, mine is at head level on my nightstand just a foot or two from my head.

Same here. No problem with tugging because everything is pretty level.

No problem either with rainout with humidity set at 3 because heated hose is also set at 3. I believe that's essentially the purpose of a heated hose, not to warm the air as much as to simply be enough to prevent rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine sits level with the bed on a bedside table. I haven’t had rainout issues since I got a heated hose.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My one sits level with my head on a bedside cabinet, not had rainout for a while now, but it is just coming up to that time of year.
Put your machine where it works best for you.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Nightstand next to the bed. About the same level with a heated hose. No wet noses.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,380 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,868 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,343 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,792 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,285 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.