Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where in the Newbie Forum ??
Where in the Newbie Forum ??
Did I overlook it perhaps ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where in the Newbie Forum ??
Hi, Eric, there is no Newbie forum per se - just hop on in and ask questions - you will notice that this is the general advice area. Above this area you will see three other areas accessible by new members - one for commercial posting, on for off-topic, and one for new gear reviews. Ask in the appropriate area and someone will come along and give you a hand. Most of your questions will be in this forum area, and don't worry - no such thing as a dumb question, we just hope not to give you dumb answers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Labrat0116,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Feel free to ask questions and someone will be able to help.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2013, 05:35 PM)Labrat0116 Wrote: Did I overlook it perhaps ?

No sense in locking you up in some nudie forum.
NEWBIE forum. Excuse me! Oops
You're welcome everywhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the Welcome folks! I appreciate it!

I'm a 51yo male, relatively good health (other than Type II Diabetes).

I'm very recently diagnosed with Central and Obstuctive "complex" sleep apnea. Doc also said I have "Cheyne-Stokes" breathing patterns as well. Only thing I know about that is that is the breathing pattern right before someone dies! Yeah for me !!

I'm a Medical Technologist by trade. Having been a labrat for almost (30) years now. So the Medical jargon and technical aspects of the machines should be fun to master!

I have another thread here about getting my machine so I won't dilute this thread with that.

Thanks again for the Welcome!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Labrat! (Nice avatar!)
We all have to start at the beginning sometime. I have only been here a few months.
years ago I was involved with a friend that was reading the old analog sleep reports. I picked up enough to
recognize the condition in myself and start acting on it.

Lots of great info & tips here that the Docs don't *bother* to cover.

Stay tuned!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2013, 09:10 AM)Shastzi Wrote: Lots of great info & tips here that the Docs don't *bother* to cover.

Stay tuned!
Thanks for Welcome folks!

I've been on the computer for many, many HOURS the last couple of days "trying" to learn (and digest) the vast overwhelming amount of information on sleep apneas and the treatment equipment!

WHEW!! I'm freakin' TIRED now and wish I had a machine to start resting my worn out brain! lol!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 12 41 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 131 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.