Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where is OSCAR_Data in 1.1.1 version ?
Where is OSCAR_Data in 1.1.1 version ?
Hello all,

I have OSCAR 1.1.1 installed on my SURFACE 3 PRO and it works perfectly.
The data files are on ONEDRIVE. (but not in an "OSCAR_Data" directory?!?)
I would like to be able to use OSCAR on my desktop PC by reading the data from ONEDRIVE (two programs installed locally and the data on ONEDRIVE would not be a problem and I would be careful not to open them at the same time!)

Can you give me a link where I can find info on how to do this?

My problem is that I can't find (any more) OSCAR_Data! 
So, therefore the usual solutions do not work : I cannot move "OSCAR_Data" !!!
And the "about" information in the help menu indicates an incomplete path ...

But the program works perfectly I update the new RESMED data with the card and I add the oximetry data with the VIATOM file import without problem.

Where can I find information on OSCAR file locations?

Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where is OSCAR_Data in 1.1.1 version ?
What does it tell you if you select Help->Troubleshooting->System Information ?

The Show Data folder link on the About window opens the folde, but may not display the entire file path.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello pholynyk,

The only difference is that the "About" opens the file explorer in the folder "and the Help-> Troubleshooting-> System Information just indicates the same path but without opening the file explorer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a screen shot of Help/Troubleshooting/System information so we can see where the data is being stored.

You can name the OSCAR Data folder anything you wish when first using OSCAR. The System Information window will show what you named the OSCAR data directory.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
here is a hcpy
The data link is (I believe) C: \ Users \ jean \ OneDrive \ Medical \ DMG jean \ cpap \ OSCAR \ Profiles \ jc
but while the SURFACE 3 Pro uses it well the PC does not ... how to indicate it?
edit : the link onPC is : file:///C:/Users/jc/OneDrive/Medical/DMG jean/cpap
no profile created on PC !
and the link on SURFACE is : file:///C:/Users/jc/OneDrive/Medical/DMG jean (so without "/cpap")
how change it ?

Attached Files
.pdf   oscar path.pdf (Size: 266.4 KB / Downloads: 11)
Post Reply Post Reply
The screenshot says that your OSCAR Data folder is named DMG_jean. DMG_jean should contain a folder named Profiles and a file named preferences.xml.

If your OneDrive is shared, you should be able to access it from the PC as Medical/DMG_jean in the Onedrive folder on that machine.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes but how tell that to PC's OSCAR ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2020, 11:04 AM)AirPress Wrote: Yes but how tell that to PC's OSCAR ?

When you start OSCAR on the PC, it will volunteer to create OSCAR_Data for you.  Respond 'no'.  It will then open a file open dialog.  Navigate to onedrive/Medical and select the DMG_jean folder and press OK.

If you already created a OSCAR_Data folder that you now don't want to use, you can just rename or delete the OSCAR_Data folder before starting OSCAR and OSCAR will go through the process I just described.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your patient GuyScharf.
There is no profile so OSCAR asks me to create it but when I create it it does not ask me about OSCAR_Data ...
I will therefore create a profile identical to that of the SURFACE Pro then rename the folder and answer the path question. I suppose that OSCAR on the SURFACE Pro will ask the same question. 
I'm going to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
THANK YOU GuyScharf !
Done ! I'm so sorry for the hassle.
: create profile - rename - choice folder and it work fine now !
I will be able to sleep peacefully :o)))
Thanks to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 86 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 365 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,172 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,617 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 499 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
  Moving the Oscar_Data Folder on M1 Mac DaRef 4 597 11-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: DaRef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.