Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where is OSCAR?
Question 
Where is OSCAR?
I had been using Sleepyhead for a long time and had appreciated its in-depth analysis of my sleep data.  When I decided that I would update it I quickly found myself using OSCAR.  It turned out to be a very familiar replacement for Sleepyhead with some improvements.
My computer was getting old so I decided to replace it with a faster, newer build.  The new machine is using Ubuntu 19.10 just like the old one was.
I have downloaded the OSCAR deb and allowed Ubuntu's package manager to install it automatically.  I have not been able to find OSCAR since!
Having re-read the installation instructions, I realised I should have installed OSCAR manually.  So I used the package manager to remove OSCAR, then installed him manually via the terminal.  I still cannot find OSCAR!
Can anyone tell me where to find the executable file please?
If I fail here I will have to resort to DreamMapper which, compared to Sleepyhead/OSCAR, was pathetic. Annoyed-and-disappointed
Thank you in advance.
John.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where is OSCAR?
I just finished posting a reply to a very similar question in this forum.  The post contains all the steps you requested.  Here is the link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid329049

Please report back of your success or failure.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where is OSCAR?
Thank you Crimson Nape.
My problem has been solved!  -  not by your very much appreciated and quick response, but by a new discovery for me in the Gnome desktop.
Having worked through your instructions with no apparent sign of success, I was browsing the desktop when I noticed an option on a right-click dropdown menu which  asked if I wanted to make the icon "able to launch".  Of course!  That is exactly what I want!  So I enabled that option and Hey! Presto! OSCAR works just like it did before.  Thank goodness for that!
Thanks
I had noticed the icon labelled "OSCAR.desktop " but when I double clicked on it all I got was a text editor looking inside the code.  Now I know how to use such a thing it's all good.
Thank you again.
Hopefully my ignorance may assist others . . .
John.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.