Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where is the best coffee in the world?
Well, today I had a little time to kill before going to the hairdressers for my pre-birthday snip. I have a girl who really understands my hair, so she is the only one I ever let touch my flowing locks (alas, now grey and white). So I stopped into the Starbucks in the same building for a pumpkin espresso - it was 'orrrible, just 'orrible. I need to go to Starbucks once a year to remind me of what coffee isn't. Thankfully, when I returned to my office, my secretary, who keeps a proper machine in her office, did me a nice one, and I could get the taste of the Starbucks brown water and bad sugar out of my system. On the other hand, the jazz they played wasn't half bad, so it was something.

Oh, yes - the haircut was a success - I look beautiful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 01:47 PM)DocWils Wrote: So I stopped into the Starbucks in the same building for a pumpkin espresso - it was 'orrrible, just 'orrible. I need to go to Starbucks once a year to remind me of what coffee isn't.

Agreed.

I just don't get why people go to Starbucks and pay premium prices for something that tastes like a pukey-flavored "coffee-related" substance.

I'd almost rather have a plain old black coffee that's been half-boiled off sitting on the heating pad at the local diner's Bunn auto-drip for 1/3rd the price rather than much of the so-called "premium" junk that Starbucks is pushing these days.

Vomit

Dont-know

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Starbucks could not pass their dishwater as coffee in Sydney, they closed the stores
Maybe there is one left in the city, mainly for the tourist
The aficionado locals knows better

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Starbucks never even tried to open in Perth. Good business decision - they would have gone belly-up in no time.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My favorite place to get an expresso is from roastingplant. They have a coffee bar in the west village NYC that IMHO is the most consistently balanced coffee I've have ever had. You can read about their fascinating high tech roasting and brewing approach that might give Sleepyhead geeks a thrill.
BTW nothing makes coffee taste better than a good nights sleep Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

I have never liked Starbucks but our health insurance agent liked to meet there each year to go over our plan options and coverage changes for the new year. When a Starbucks employee/manager refused to let a very pregnant woman use the facilities even when her husband offered to buy something, we refused to go to Starbucks for the meetings anymore. Now the location is Applebee's since it is close to home. Since nobody eats, it isn't a big deal.

I hope some day, other than Chipotle's, that restaurants offer more organic, gluten free choices.

There is a very recent story about cucumbers being recalled due to salmonella. It is less likely in organic foods. People get in a hurry and don't wash their produce good enough and don't wash their hands good enough either which makes it more likely that these things will happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 05:40 PM)ginzo Wrote: And SOME OF US have not been to Australia yet!!!!Big Grin

Man,I've lived in Australia for over fifty years and nowhere in our wide brown land can you find a decent cup of coffee Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2015, 06:41 PM)Tony Brown Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 05:40 PM)ginzo Wrote: And SOME OF US have not been to Australia yet!!!!Big Grin

Man,I've lived in Australia for over fifty years and nowhere in our wide brown land can you find a decent cup of coffee Sad

Judging by your timezone I'd guess you live in SA or NT, which would explain your comment. Grin
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

Post Reply Post Reply

Quote:Judging by your timezone I'd guess you live in SA or NT, which would explain your comment. Grin
Yep Smile you got that right Too-funny God bless percolators and coffee grinders which enable me to brew my ownCoffee As I'm getting old and scary,I now limit myself to about 3 cups in the morning and a warm cocoa before bed Bed Bigwink

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 534 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 3,266 06-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 1,702 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 1,199 12-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  World Beard Championships zonk 2 484 10-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  New Coffee We Tried me50 46 5,156 08-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] Coffee / Caffeine aussiefilo 13 1,942 07-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Last Post: PositiveMe123