Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where is the best coffee in the world?
Thursday 1 October
Happy International Coffee day
Coffee Coffee Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: latte-art-39_47Tlz505.jpg]
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Mayorga on sale for $10.99/2-lbs today at Costco. Got mine!
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-01-2015, 06:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Mayorga on sale for $10.99/2-lbs today at Costco. Got mine!
There is a Costco not far from my place, but you've to pay $60 yearly membership to shop there
Post Reply Post Reply
The beast coffee is that which I brew in my home. I use a Melitta drip pot, heat water in a kettle, wet the grounds and then top off.

No bitter or burnt taste (as featured by the large multinational coffee roaster and retailer).

The best beans I've found are from Costco, although probably available elsewhere. Product from San Fransisco Bay Coffee Co and French Roast blend.

Mmmm good!
Post Reply Post Reply
What country is Costco? I can't find it on the map - is it a satellite state of Costa Rica?
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-02-2015, 04:51 PM)DocWils Wrote: What country is Costco? I can't find it on the map - is it a satellite state of Costa Rica?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costco
Not doing very well in Australia http://www.smh.com.au/business/retail/co...2g1s2.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds ghastly. Would not work in Switzerland - no one buys in bulk or really in this way. Even German food discounters like Lidl and Aldi don't work well in Switzerland, and in order to stay in business here had to change their model and services to match Swiss standards.

With the exception of Ikea, big box store concepts don't work well here, and Ikea isn't really a big box store, just a cheap and more often than not vulgar furniture store with a few quality items at rather high prices. Good place to go for a '60's lampshade, not so good for a lot of other things, unless you really like to have your stuff made of MDF and laminate and have a plain, depressingly Scandinavian look. Mind you, their food section sells a decent coffee (bringing it back on topic), if a bit flat to my tastes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 05:42 PM)DocWils Wrote: Sounds ghastly. Would not work in Switzerland - no one buys in bulk or really in this way. Even German food discounters like Lidl and Aldi don't work well in Switzerland, and in order to stay in business here had to change their model and services to match Swiss standards.

With the exception of Ikea, big box store concepts don't work well here, and Ikea isn't really a big box store, just a cheap and more often than not vulgar furniture store with a few quality items at rather high prices. Good place to go for a '60's lampshade, not so good for a lot of other things, unless you really like to have your stuff made of MDF and laminate and have a plain, depressingly Scandinavian look. Mind you, their food section sells a decent coffee (bringing it back on topic), if a bit flat to my tastes.

Hey! What am I going to do with the pick-up truck and SUV if I can't buy in bulk? LOL.

The coffee is still a good deal. In Hawaii, the Kona Costco carries Thunder Mountain which is a premiere coffee of the world. It's not Thunder Mountain's best, but it is good enough. While the Costco concept seems excessive, I still save enough to pay the membership fee by the credit card and store rewards alone. The coffee discounts compared to retail are just gravy. Most items I buy are not bulk, and I still do plenty of traditional shopping. Most of the time when I shop Costco, I go on the motorcycle.
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-02-2015, 05:42 PM)DocWils Wrote: Even German food discounters like Lidl and Aldi don't work well in Switzerland, and in order to stay in business here had to change their model and services to match Swiss standards.
Aldi doing rather nicely in Australia and beating the two biggies Coles and Woolworths at their own game
Not sure about Swiss standard, I do over 50% of my shopping at Aldi, I like the prices and quality of the products, even beer and wine

Lidl is coming to Australia soon, was named grocer of the year in UK

As for Ikea, they're popular here too, and the Swedish meat balls sell like hotcakes Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 461 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 3,055 06-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 1,587 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 1,128 12-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  World Beard Championships zonk 2 431 10-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  New Coffee We Tried me50 46 4,869 08-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] Coffee / Caffeine aussiefilo 13 1,824 07-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Last Post: PositiveMe123