Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where is the data on my centrals?
Where is the data on my centrals?
I've been away just long enough to have to re-learn a lot about sleep apnea.

Now that I've loaded Sleepyhead back onto my computer, I see some CSR going on. (Thank goodness I have an appointment with a new sleep doc tomorrow morning.)

From Sleepyhead, % of time in Cheyne Stokes Respiration:
  • Most recent: 0.00%
  • Last week: 0.86%
  • Last 30 days: 0.51%
  • Last 6 months: 0.51%
  • Last year: 0.23%

Where in Sleepyhead does it show the number of centrals? Is that the same thing as "clear airway index?"

To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where is the data on my centrals?
Yes, the terms are used interchangeably. Be sure you have the event flags on so they show up in the event graph.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to refer to these episodes as "periodic breathing" with your doctor. CSR is a specific type of periodic breathing, and it's unlikely you have that problem. If your are experiencing CA events between periods of spontaneous breathing, then there are other settings we might want to consider. Are you using EPR?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2017, 06:31 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: I've been away just long enough to have to re-learn a lot about sleep apnea.

Now that I've loaded Sleepyhead back onto my computer, I see some CSR going on. (Thank goodness I have an appointment with a new sleep doc tomorrow morning.)

From Sleepyhead, % of time in Cheyne Stokes Respiration:
  • Most recent: 0.00%
  • Last week: 0.86%
  • Last 30 days: 0.51%
  • Last 6 months: 0.51%
  • Last year: 0.23%
The amount of periodic breathing that is being flagged by your machine is extremely small, and the chances that this represents real Cheyne Stokes Respiration is pretty small.

JediMark made the choice to label the stuff that gets flagged by CPAPs as periodic breathing as "CSR" or Cheyne Stokes Respiration.  In my opinion, JediMark made a mistake when he did this.  Encore labels the flagged sections as "periodic breathing" which is more accurate.  Not all periodic breathing is Cheyne Stokes, although Cheyne Stokes is an important and serious form of periodic breathing.  But most people who have real Cheyne Stokes Respiration typically have very large chunks of their breathing flagged as periodic breathing and frequently CAs are scored at the nadir of each CSR cycle.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 to call it periodic breathing and it would be flagging other PB. Cheyne stokes only scare people when they google it, they would be well aware of the CHF for years by this stage. 
a youtube search is enough to cause a heart attack . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkuxP7iChYY
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 329 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,686 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,082 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,286 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix
  Bug: Viatom data reappearing in OSCAR after deleting oximetry data Ratchick 2 981 04-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Oscar Error there is no data to graph summary data only u4ea 2 1,473 02-05-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: u4ea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.