Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where's the leak???
Where's the leak???
Hi!

I seem to be having some strange Leak readings and I'm not experiencing any significant mask leaks since I've adjusted the mask very tight.  Do you think that there is a problem with my Bi Pap machine?

Also, why isn't Sleepy Head using my full night's data?  When does a day end and a new day begin?  It still wouldn't explain why there's only one hour of data reported.  Any thoughts??

Best,

Jeffo1

[url=[Image: Tsx8MMa.png]
[[Image: vJetT1x.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where's the leak???
Too tight a mask can cause leaks.

For something like that, though, I'd be suspicious of a hose with a crack or the hose not being on all the way on one end or the other. Hook everything and listen.
See if you can ear a solid hiss, not one that shifts with your breathing.
Run your finger gently along the edge where the mask touches your face. You may not even feel the leak but hear the sound change.
Make sure the mask is assembled correctly. Take it apart from machine to mask and reassemble, making sure each part is together.
Gently hold the hose and move it. Does the sound change? Run your hand along the hose to feel for a leak. Again, you may not feel it but hear the sound change.

It could also be a setting within SH. I know there's a setting for how to report leak. Someone else will have to chime in about that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I just installed a brand new hose and mask on Friday but I will methodically go through everything to see if there's a possible leak.

Curioisly, even though my AHI reading on my Bi Pap machine was 2.0, I'm still feeling tired. Could this be a result of a 37% large leak, as listed in the machine data?

Jeffo1
Post Reply Post Reply
During a large leak, the machine cannot compensate for the lost pressure. Since it uses pulses to determine if the airway is open or closed, it can't really tell. So it can't react to an event because it may not know one is happening.

So, yeah, your AHI could be higher than reported.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 231 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 139 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 132 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 665 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 406 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.