Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to Buy Resmed Brand Standard Filters?
Where to Buy Resmed Brand Standard Filters?
I hope it's ok to ask this vendor related question.

Does anyone know where I can buy Resmed brand standard filters for the Airset 10?  I would also take a good substitute.  Every online DME seems to sell their own brand and I can't tell if they are any good nor not.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where to Buy Resmed Brand Standard Filters?
Vendor #1 does as do most of the others I imagine. I would not personally recommend the standard filter as it is almost useless unless your machine is sitting in a forest full of dirt. The "hypo" version is much denser and will, therefore, catch much more stuff. When I first got my Autoset it came with the standard filter and it never got dirty. I changed to the hypo version and now I have to change it about every month. If you have carpet in your bedroom you do not want to use the standard filter. Kind of like the old days of furnace filters that have been replaced with pleated filters because they catch more floating crap that use to be blown right back into your house or stuck somewhere in furnace land.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice. Thanks sptrout
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I had been buying HEPA filters off Amazon, but they don't seem to have them any more. They had a "fuzzy side and a quite hard side that was a very fine filter. Love them while they last

I trick I have found on Amazon (no Resmed brand filters sold there). Forget about the Amazon recommended as that is not about quality.
1. find a vendor that has sole hundreds of the product
2. read the negative reviews first. I tend to be skeptical of any that say it just does not work. With this look for descriptions: thin, not as dense as the brand name, chemical smell, doesn't fit...…
3. especially with a product like this, there are very qualified sounding reviewers
4. never buy from someone that has sold 5, no matter what a good price it seems.

If you want brand name only then SPTROUT is spot on. The ones on Amazon are low cost, about $0.25 each. You might consider buying your next pack from the brand name and buying a good choice from Amazon and trying them out. Not really all that high of a cost item to begin with
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the CF2107HA SUNSET MED HYPOALLERGENIC FILTERS to be an acceptable substitute for the ResMed filter. I agree that the standard filter is inferior to the hypoallergenic version with a tighter denser weave.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 03:23 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: I found the CF2107HA SUNSET MED HYPOALLERGENIC FILTERS to be an acceptable substitute for the ResMed filter. I agree that the standard filter is inferior to the hypoallergenic version with a tighter denser weave.

I did some research, and found the individual price on these can vary greatly. One source wanted as much as $5.00 each.  Dielaughing

I'm fortunate that I don't have any allergy issues. I use the standard ResMed filters. My respiratory therapist told me that the filters can easily be washed and reused numerous times. Some sources say that they can't. That's just some marketing BS! 

My supplier of DME (Rotech / FL.) is good about keeping me stocked up on them. I have plenty on hand. We have tile and/or wood flooring in our home. No carpet anywhere. My CPAP machine rests on a short file cabinet in the far corner of our bedroom. 

I hope this doesn't sound too weird, but I'm 8 months into SA therapy, and I'm still using the original filter. It cleans up so well and so easily, I can't bring myself to throw it away. I suppose I might replace it @ the one year mark.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 03:44 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I did some research, and found the individual price on these can vary greatly. One source wanted as much as $5.00 each.  Dielaughing

Those ridiculous prices for OEM filters are clearly why the DME's try to sell only the generic ones - not to save customer's money, but to get a bigger cut of the insane mark up on tiny, cheap to make filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 03:54 PM)Stom Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:44 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I did some research, and found the individual price on these can vary greatly. One source wanted as much as $5.00 each.  Dielaughing

Those ridiculous prices for OEM filters are clearly why the DME's try to sell only the generic ones - not to save customer's money, but to get a bigger cut of the insane mark up on tiny, cheap to make filters.

I receive the ResMed branded standard filters. W/o going to the trouble of looking it up, I believe my out-of-pocket cost is $0.21 each. 

The $5.00 price was in regards to the hypo-allergenic filter (SunSet) mentioned by another poster.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 04:04 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I receive the ResMed branded standard filters. W/o going to the trouble of looking it up, I believe my out-of-pocket cost is $0.21 each.

The standard OEM filters, Resmed part number 36852 for the 12 pack, are hard to find and expensive. A seller on [the big internet retailer] wants $45, and an on-line CPAP shop wants a mere $29 for 12. Still a rip off. Vendor number one tries to trick you when you search for the Resmed part number and offers up a generic 6 pack for $7.49 - cheaper, but still a rip off. So I guess I'm partly wrong. Customers will save money with generics.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 06:10 PM)Stom Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 04:04 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I receive the ResMed branded standard filters. W/o going to the trouble of looking it up, I believe my out-of-pocket cost is $0.21 each.

The standard OEM filters, Resmed part number 36852 for the 12 pack, are hard to find and expensive. A seller on [the big internet retailer] wants $45, and an on-line CPAP shop wants a mere $29 for 12. Still a rip off. Vendor number one tries to trick you when you search for the Resmed part number and offers up a generic 6 pack for $7.49 - cheaper, but still a rip off. So I guess I'm partly wrong. Customers will save money with generics.

Because I've never researched the non-insurance price, I had no idea that they were that expensive. Glad that I have good health insurance and that I don't replace them every few weeks or so.

I see no reason why they can't last a full year with proper cleaning.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 96 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,509 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 408 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 397 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Resmed A11 Autoset - Set to standard time? foss 2 499 11-07-2023, 05:48 AM
Last Post: multicast
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,476 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.