Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to buy CPAP without prescription?
Where to buy CPAP without prescription?
I'm affected by the Philips recall (using Dreamstation Auto CPAP), so am looking to purchase an replacement unit.
Couple of things to note:
1. I'm located outside of the States. Where I am at, they do sell CPAP machines, but at 50% markup.
2. I bought my Dreamstation from Amazon back in 2016, no prescription required. It seems that gap had been plugged, so I have been hunting through the supplier list, but those I have gone through so far requires prescription, which I don't have (refer to point 1).

Anyone knows of any place that still sells CPAP machines without prescriptions? 

Disclaimer: I ain't sure if this thread is in violation of rule 1 under the admin note. If it is, my deepest apologies!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where to buy CPAP without prescription?
Some suppliers ship internationally. Not all countries require a prescription. Have you specifically asked them if a prescription is required for the country you are in?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on the supplier list, there are options of buying from UK and Australia as I have freight forwarding options available in those countries as well, but nothing beat the cost of purchasing from the States, even after taking freight forwarding, insurance, and import tax into consideration.

I have gone through at random about 7 of those (I assumed US) sites from the list, was not able to make it beyond the checkout as there is always the requirement for prescription. Supplier #9 was the closest I can get to checkout, but the T&C indicated that PR and ResMed can't be shipped directly overseas and will be replaced with an alternate model at their discretion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought 2 cpaps from Supplier #2 without a RX.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
When I recommended contacting them directly, I meant to call or email. Their websites are going to be set up only to address U.S. orders and doesn't make a distinction for being outside the U.S. and its medical requirements.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2021, 09:46 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I bought 2 cpaps from Supplier #2 without a RX.
Yeah, saw they are one of those that doesn't require RX, but Resmed Airsense 10 Auto out of stock, same goes for other suppliers too. Guess the PR debacles is causing other brands and models to go OOS.

(10-02-2021, 02:42 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: When I recommended contacting them directly, I meant to call or email. Their websites are going to be set up only to address U.S. orders and doesn't make a distinction for being outside the U.S. and its medical requirements.
Never thought of it from that angle before, I will drop some of them an email and hope for the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was lucky, I bought an airsense mini direct from Resmed India, including the P10 mask and the bag for USD$840.  The didn't need a prescription. The catch is that they only ship to India, however I was lucky to have a friend there on vacation who brought it back for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
SgtJoe, Supplier #2 has been very good with international orders and price. Give them a call and see what you can work out. Typically $100 extra for the shipping, and they don't seem too concerned about Rx for international orders.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
>>>and they don't seem too concerned about Rx for international orders.

They explicitly do not require a prescription on orders for export. Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here in the UK, the only way I have been able to find to buy a CPAP machine without a prescription, is via one or two sellers of used machines who are on Gumtree (uk). Buyer beware?

EBay prohibit sale of such equipment.
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.