Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter
RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter
It's the probe with the velcro strap and the USB-C connector -- the "boot" probe that went with the original CMS 50F has a mini-USB connector I think? (I bought one of the original-style CMS 50F off of ebay which was DOA. I think that it was so old that the battery had failed.)

I'm pretty sure that they are different devices, and you would certainly need some sort of USB adaptor if you tried old-style probe with new-style recorder. But I wouldn't be sure that it would work. The old style certainly looks more durable than the fragile piece of crap!

My husband thinks that the right way to do it is with a bluetooth between the probe and wristband. Then there is no cord to yank.

I didn't have a problem with the velcro, but I wore it on my ring finger. I think that it would have been too small on my middle finger. I've got arthritis in that DIP joint anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not where I can be sure, but do believe I have two "rubber" finger sensors from CMS50I oximeters, both of which had battery failure after about two years of nightly use and those won't be replaced. 

As I recall the connector is male, USB mini B. Red or Cathy can likely answer if that boot will work on the 50F. Given PMs with addresses, I could mail them out free--assuming I can find them as expected. Also, it's likely I have the finger wrap sensor that came with 50I's for a child.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Speaking for the "F" and "I" models that I have, the probes are interchangeable. If the OP can take a closeup picture of both connectors (base unit and probe) then we might be able to offer a better opinion.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do Red,as soon as I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the picture on my phone, not savvy or understand how to attach it to my post
Post Reply Post Reply
If I have a picture on my phone that I want to post to AB, I transfer it to my computer by email of downloading, then use the regular attachment procedure.
It's easier than trying to use AB on the phone's browser...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
While the connector on the booted sensor looks like a mini-USB, I have looked at it with a magnifiying glass. I am convinced that it is a custom connector with more than four or five contacts; it looks like there are contacts on two sides.
It is possible that the new USB-C style connector is similarly customised.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a universal USB cable that allows me to plug in various USB plug types and sizes on each end.    My "F" and "I" models had no problem connecting to my PC for both charging and communication.   My devices were acquired in 2014. The version is displayed as 3.7.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once I transfer the picture from the camera to my email, how do I then attach it to AB?
Post Reply Post Reply
My hardware version is 2.0.0 on my 50f
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,078 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 92 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.