Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter
RE: Where to buy replacement probe for Contec CMS 50F Oximeter
I'll post the images of my F's connections:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=42230]

I hope this may help!
- Red

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does look like mine
Post Reply Post Reply
This is not a standard mini-USB connector!

Notice that there are two levels of five contacts. Evidently the sensor contacts are not the USB contacts.

They may do a similar trick with the USB-C connector.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Pholynyk for that picture, I am thinking now that the boot probe will fit my new oximetry.  Appreciate it
Post Reply Post Reply
According to cathyf, the velcro sensor has a USB-C style connector, which looks like this:

Notice the rounded sides. 

In Crimson Nape's picture, notice the top and bottom are not the same width.

I suspect the booted probes (sensors) all have mini-USB style plugs, and the velcro ones all have USB-C style plugs, and they are not interchangeable.

It would be nice if they gave you a choice, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine looks just like that picture you posted, rounded edges.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2022, 10:06 AM)pholynyk Wrote: It is possible that the new USB-C style connector is similarly customised.

The new-style USB-C pulse-ox works great with every standard usb-c cable I own, including the charge/sync cable that came with my new iPad, so I think no customization. I use a 9-port USB-C dongle with various ports on it to plug in both CPAP card and 50F to the computer at the same time. I have several standard USB-C to USB-A cables that go into the pulse-ox on the USB-C end and one of  the dongle's USB-A ports on the other. When the cable is plugged into the dongle, the whole contraption has USB-C on both ends. I can tell you that plugging the computer side into the pulse-ox and the pulse-ox side into the computer does not work!

(Now my new iPad will charge with the iPad's USB-C to USB-C cable, and also  the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with the pulse-ox, but only works with a few of the other random USB-C to USB-A cables that I own...)
Post Reply Post Reply
By customised, I mean that the probe connections are on pins that the CMS-50F doesn't use for USB-C, or maybe they added extra pins to the probe connector that are matched on the CMS-50F but don't appear on a USB-C connector. So standard cables work in the standard fashion.

It's pretty hard to peer down into those connectors, especially when I don't have them in hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just found on ebay, a boot probe that says, New type-C Spo2 for cms 50F.  It specifically says that this probe is for the new cms 50f pulse oximeter after Sept.  2020. That's probably when the new version came out.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's about right for the new version rollout.

That sounds like the probe you want, then. Good luck, and do tell us how it works out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,222 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,063 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,825 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 204 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.