Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to buy used O2 Concentrators?
Where to buy used O2 Concentrators?
Hi.  I checked the supplier list here but can’t tell if any of them sell used O2 concentrators.  My 4.9 minutes under 88% doesn’t meet Medicare requirement of 5 minutes.  Thanks for any referrals. Bigwink
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where to buy used O2 Concentrators?
It escapes me why you don't keep your threads together.

Where are those test results posted?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=15234

I see a nadir of 70% and duration of 83.7 minutes below 89%. How could you possibly not qualify. Tell your doctor to look closer or order a home oximetry monitor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2019, 11:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It escapes me why you don't keep your threads together.

I see a nadir of 70% and duration of 83.7 minutes below 89%.  How could you possibly not qualify.  Tell your doctor to look closer or order a home oximetry monitor.

SR, I posted my two sleep tests at the new emerged thread you made for me.  This subject seemed outside my actual therapy, so I made a new post.  Still have to edit my titration results from 2015 and then post them on the merged thread.  My DME directed me to the last page of my current sleep study, under BiLevel Distribution, and <88% shows 4.9 minutes.  I don’t know any more than that.
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2019, 11:35 AM)kingskid Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 11:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It escapes me why you don't keep your threads together.

I see a nadir of 70% and duration of 83.7 minutes below 89%.  How could you possibly not qualify.  Tell your doctor to look closer or order a home oximetry monitor.

SR, I posted my two sleep tests at the new emerged thread you made for me.  This subject seemed outside my actual therapy, so I made a new post.  Still have to edit my titration results from 2015 and then post them on the merged thread.  My DME directed me to the last page of my current sleep study, under BiLevel Distribution, and <88% shows 4.9 minutes.  I don’t know any more than that.

BTW, I called my Medicare insurance and explained what the DME said and they told me to have my dr. to submit the request directly to them.  So, we’ll see where this goes.  Hopefully I don’t go into a coma before they work this out. Dielaughing
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
Just don't hold your breath when dealing with Medicare. Hope you find reasonable success at a minimum.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2019, 11:57 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Just don't hold your breath when dealing with Medicare. Hope you find reasonable success at a minimum.

No pun intended, of course!   Bigwink Bigwink
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope not at all. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason for keeping the threads together is you posted the relevant study in the other thread, so once again we are going back and forth. On this page of your study is a table with the SpO2 results http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=15236

in the table we see you had 7.3 minutes at LESS than 85%. This part of the study should have qualified you for O2 supplement
Oxygen % Time % TIB
<95% 417.5
<90% 83.7
<85% 7.2
<80% 1
<75% 0.4
<70%

On the last page is a "bilevel distribution" table which is the results of your titration test. Desaturations seem to have disappeared with a CPAP pressure of 6.0. What this tells me is that if we use EPR 2, you must set the CPAP pressure to 8.0 to maintain the EPAP of 6.0 which ensures your oxygen. I don't think you need to include this part of the test in qualifying for the O2. Your oxygen saturations are so marginal, and I feel emphatically that a CPAP titration that showed bare minimum results to disqualify you from oxygen is malfeasance. Yes, they proved 6 cm pressure achieves no apnea, but it's not going to improve or restore your health.

The Inogene Portable Oxygen concentrator sells for $2500 new, but I see some on the Denver Craigslist for $1200. These items often come available because a patient no longer needs it or dies, and the family wants to dispose of it. I would think you can find a decent price if you look at Craigslist, Offer-Up, Facebook Marketplace, etc.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would look on Craigslist or eBay. eBay you can find good deals before they go and take the ads down Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Oxygen Concentrators: Noise vs. Output Level Setting? cogskies 6 715 08-13-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Do oxygen concentrators provide the same benefits as hyperbaric oxygen chambers? WWu777 3 1,424 09-27-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Oxygen Concentrators - ??? arpeggioh 6 1,374 02-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.