Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] No Air Moving
No Air Moving
I use the Nasal Pillow. When I first go to bed at night if I open my mouth slightly, there is a rush of air. This I believe is quite normal. Recently I have been jolted awake at 3:00 AM with an immediate headache. Here's my question: When that happens I notice that if I open my mouth, no air rushes out. It is like something in my throat has been sealed completely. If I thrust my mouth open the air will rush out again. While I am still in a relaxed state, If I close my mouth softly and than open it, there is still no air escaping through my mouth. What is happening? Please Help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Air Moving
Hi 601club, WELCOME! to the forum. I don't know the answer to your question but hang tight and someone will be able to help you shortly. Which Resmed machine do you have?((I think You will find the name of it by the start button,) Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a common thing. You and your body have learned how to stop the air flow using your tongue.

I used to could lay there and make all sorts of noises (I like to freak out the dogs). Now, though, I have to really think hard to do it. And there's a lot of mornings I have to put my hand in front of the vent hole to make sure the thing is still working.

As long as you are still breathing through your nose, and as long as air is still coming out the vent hole of the mask, you're fine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What S9 are you using?
If its the Elite or AutoSet ... you would tell if leak is problem
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 643 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 429 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Apnoea when moving between sleep stages? lindylou 2 464 08-11-2023, 12:37 AM
Last Post: lindylou
  [Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization koala1 101 7,368 05-27-2023, 03:52 AM
Last Post: koala1
  Moving from BiPAP to CPAP during Travel NotSleeplessInSeattle 3 1,059 12-10-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Moving Data Card to New Machine Abletree 2 784 04-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Mask moving jaw back anomaly32 10 2,008 12-14-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.